PDA

View Full Version : Packaging your goods

Seahorse
26-04-2006, 11:07 AM
What do you sell and what is your best packaging strategy.
Will a jiffy bag do or do you need rigid boxes, plenty of sponge and pretty tissue paper??

raspberrybloom
26-04-2006, 04:48 PM
I sell jewellery and I tend to wrap the piece in tissue paper put it in an organza bag and then into the jiffy bag.

I am looking into other forms though.

Lou

Seahorse
26-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Do you have a colour theme?

I found some nice shaped small tins on a site the other day but annoyingly what I make wont fit.

May be good for jewelery tho.

raspberrybloom
26-04-2006, 05:31 PM
No colour theme at the moment - go with what is the cheapest but still looks gorgeous.

Where are these tins then?

Are selling your creations?

Seahorse
26-04-2006, 05:36 PM
In theory.Im trying to make sellable stuff at the moment and hopefully have things running by Christmas.
Il pm you the site.

Bea
26-04-2006, 05:44 PM
In theory.Im trying to make sellable stuff at the moment and hopefully have things running by Christmas.
Il pm you the site.

eh! you've kept that quiet!! I thought you seemed very busy making things!! :) good luck!

Seahorse
26-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Ive bought supplies to make alot of some things or 1 of something else as money just fritters itself away.I have idea books to keep track of what I want to do. I have worked out how much things will cost me and need to work out what to sell them for bareing in mind people may not want to buy them.
Ive found a friend who is happy to make a site for me, so all I need to do is stop thinking about the money and just get a good load of stock behind me.

Its all in theory and will probably not happen but I may as well make a start, until Sean Connery sweeps me off my feet and takes me away from things.

Seahorse
26-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Forgot to mention the hurdles that stop me from getting on with things.
Theres always something that gets in the way of me doing something I want doen in a certain way.ie thos e rubbish glass pieces today and losing the pics i want to use in them(im hopeing they are at home!)

Also my soldering iron doesnt want to work which is narking me off even more.

Im hoping these are valid excuse and are not seen as me just being a procrastinator.