PDA

View Full Version : why so quiet?

Fran
24-04-2006, 09:07 AM
It's quiet here just now! isn't it.

what kind of crafting weekend have you all been upto?

I've be getting everything ready for posting to assay this morning. Had a local craft fair on Sat. that went fine! came away with some small commissions and finially got the chance to pass out leaflets saying that I've opened up my home gallery and I'm now on the web.

Went out for a meal on Sat. night, came home to a message through my door telling me to contact local police..................someone had crashed into our boundry wall while we were out..........that's the second time in the last 6 months, out insurance company won't be pleased, neither will we when next years premiums go up!

Seahorse
24-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Oh no!! Bloomin lunatic drivers.
Thats happened round the corner from work last year into someones garden.Just think if someone was in it!

Hope everything is back to normal now for you.

What kind of commisions did you get?

Fran
24-04-2006, 12:40 PM
We were told by neighbours that she lost it on a bend, hit our wall, bounced and hit another section of wall which in turn rolled the car across the street and into the farmers feild.................Guess what!!! she walked away shaken and without a scratch...............Lucky lady!

The commisions were for a couple of strung haematite necklaces to match some bracelets that they bought on the day! every little helps! Off the table Haematite is by far the biggest seller for me. Such a versitile stone to wear.

Trinity
24-04-2006, 06:20 PM
I had a clay party for my 8 year old daughter and 6 of her friends. They had great fun making a barrette with polymer clay. It is something I may look at in the future.............you know hiring myself out for kid's parties to make things with clay. The girls loved it and had their own ideas, there wouldn't be too much outlay........so it's something to think about.

Didn't do too much yesterday as we took katie out for her birthday, but I have a stall for the NCT 50th Celebrations next weekend and would like to do some new stuff for that. It doesn't help that my kitchen ceiling is coming down tomorrow though!

Trinity
24-04-2006, 06:21 PM
We were told by neighbours that she lost it on a bend, hit our wall, bounced and hit another section of wall which in turn rolled the car across the street and into the farmers feild.................Guess what!!! she walked away shaken and without a scratch...............Lucky lady!

The commisions were for a couple of strung haematite necklaces to match some bracelets that they bought on the day! every little helps! Off the table Haematite is by far the biggest seller for me. Such a versitile stone to wear.

Glad it wasn't too serious for you, Fran and no-one was hurt.

I love hematite and I agree with it being a big seller. I love hematite, especially in earrings!

Fran
25-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Trinity,

Sounds as though you had a ball, it's times like this I wish I'd had girls to endulge in.

Your brave to try and work with all the mess and noise around you when the ceiling comes down.................hopefully going back up again though!

Trinity
25-04-2006, 03:02 PM
Trinity,

Sounds as though you had a ball, it's times like this I wish I'd had girls to endulge in.

Your brave to try and work with all the mess and noise around you when the ceiling comes down.................hopefully going back up again though!

Fran, that's the thing I won't be working as the kitchen is my place to work. I don't know why, I guess cos I live more than half my life there whether it be cooking or doign my jewellery, it just inspires me! Plus, we get loads of light in there, I just feel at my best in there!

Nope, I am afraid I will be taking my 3 year old out for the day and indulge in a Starbucks & lunch somewhere. Although I dread coming back to the mess.......:rolleyes: