PDA

View Full Version : Horray!

emsworth
07-01-2009, 01:39 PM
I havenít posted on here in a while and i come back to a food forum. In the short time iíve been decorating cakes and doing sugarcraft iíve become hooked.

Perhaps now i can start giving out some advice rather than badgering you guys for it :D

xx

woodtattoos
07-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Perhaps now i can start giving out some advice...

... or some free tasters?!?! :p <yum>

emsworth
07-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Haha i could do with someone to donate my mistakes to actually.

Iím just about sick of the taste of cake now. The birds seem to like it tho, theyíll be too fat to take off soon :p

xx

autumn rose
07-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Hi there, any pics of your sugar crafting? I love looking at all the wonderful creations you talented people make. :D

emsworth
07-01-2009, 04:35 PM
I have a facebook group if you're on there, that shows all my cakes thus far.... only i'm not allowed to post the link apparently because i've not made enough posts. Grr *must post more*

You can find my facebook group by searching for "we love emsworth cakes" or it should be linked on my profile on here. Please join if you like =D

xx

Tattydiane
09-01-2009, 08:36 PM
look forward to seeing your pics

Bex
18-01-2009, 02:27 PM
How did you get started with sugarcrafting? Did you teach yourself or take a class?

auntynet
18-01-2009, 05:07 PM
I have a facebook group if you're on there, that shows all my cakes thus far.... only i'm not allowed to post the link apparently because i've not made enough posts. Grr *must post more*

You can find my facebook group by searching for "we love emsworth cakes" or it should be linked on my profile on here. Please join if you like =D

xx

Hi Em - you can put the link to your facebook page in your signature. You can also have a photo album on your profile page and you can upload your pics into that.

Now can we see some of your stuff, please? :mf:

emsworth
19-01-2009, 01:56 PM
How did you get started with sugarcrafting? Did you teach yourself or take a class?

Hi bex =)

Iíd been decorating the odd cake for a few years, nothing too technical. I was looking online, wanting to learn more and i came across the British Sugarcraft Guild website http://www.bsguk.org/ (http://www.bsguk.org/) They have meetings all over the country once a month, so i went along to a local meeting and was absolutely amazed. We had a demo on making a hibiscus flower and i thought they were made out of silk at first. Anyway iím rambling now. They put me in touch with some places i could go on courses and learn more. Iím lucky enough to be able to go to evening classes run by my local council. Iíve just started my second term and weíre making a 1920ís lady on a chaise lounge. I learn a lot from books and the people on the sugarcraft guild forum are all amazingly helpful. Iíd be a bit lost without them =)

xx