PDA

View Full Version : A hello from a newbie

Trinity
18-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Hi everyone!

I hand-make jewellery of various forms. I mostly assemble jewellery pieces from beads that I have sourced but I have now entered the world of Polymer Clay and I am making my beads.........and what fun I am having!

I have joined here to meet others who are like me and have their business set up from home and hopefully be able to get some ideas and share some knowledge!

Hope to speak to you all soon!

nattynetty
18-04-2006, 07:11 PM
Hi and welcome :)

I'm sure you're gonna find loads of like-minded folks here

Netty

0103media
18-04-2006, 07:12 PM
Hi and welcome :D

Craft Cellar
18-04-2006, 07:47 PM
Hi Trinity,
Welcome,
I have tried making beads with polymer clay but with not so great results. Any tips?? :rolleyes:

Trinity
18-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Hi Trinity,
Welcome,
I have tried making beads with polymer clay but with not so great results. Any tips?? :rolleyes:

Hiya

Just keep at it and buy a good polymer clay book, I would recommend any one by Emma Ralph. Simple & easy steps, although I have realised that to get it right it does take time. You have make your beads, in order to get them all the right size use cookie cutters and them roll them into your desired shape, bake them and them it's the hard part - the sanding & buffing! It is all worth it in the end though!

I am purely a beginner though but if you need any hlep, just holler and if I can give you hand then fab!

beadsbydesign
18-04-2006, 08:23 PM
Hi
Welcome to the craft froum. It's great to have you on board. Your site is very pretty.

Fran
18-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I make jewellery too. My passion is Chainmaille, I'm in the middle of getting some work ready for hallmarking, some of which will be going onto my website when it's back.

Good luck with the polymer clay, I enjoy messing with the silver art clay.

swirlyarts
18-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Love the website - also gorgeous jewellery too! I really like the kids section too - I have a two year old daughter who loves trying my stuff on! It's nice to see jewellery aimed at children that isn't all plastic.
Lynsey

Trinity
18-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Love the website - also gorgeous jewellery too! I really like the kids section too - I have a two year old daughter who loves trying my stuff on! It's nice to see jewellery aimed at children that isn't all plastic.
Lynsey

Thanks, I know what you mean I have 2 daughters who just love the jewellery and have to say I do find it very difficult to share my "toys"!

I having a clay party for my 8 year old daughter on Saturday, if it is a success I hope to expand it out to more kids............but just really tipping my toe in the water in the moment.

I'll let you know on Sunday if it was a success depending on if I am still capable of doing anything! I may have left the country!

raspberrybloom
18-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Hi,
Welcome to the forum. Look forward to sharing ideas with you.
Lou

storm35
22-04-2006, 11:40 PM
Hello Trinity, i have saw your jewellery and i love it, very nice stuff, welcome aboard.
Chrisxxx

Trinity
23-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Hello Trinity, i have saw your jewellery and i love it, very nice stuff, welcome aboard.
Chrisxxx

Hi Storm!

We do get around don't we?! :D :p