PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel bad if...

Seahorse
18-04-2006, 05:02 PM
you like a supplier/site but you find better prices elsewhere and change to useing them for your supplies?

Im wrestling with my conscience.

Crafty Cards
18-04-2006, 05:11 PM
i think you have to look after yourself first.

i find my supplies and use different people.

x

nattynetty
18-04-2006, 05:11 PM
I don't think it always comes down to price as you have to consider the service too...for example one of my suppliers is a bit more expensive than the others but the service is fantastic and I can always rely on them to get the order correct and next day delivery too so it's worth those extra few pounds :)

On the otherhand I have switched from some of my other suppliers cos I found cheaper ones - at the end of the day I've got to put my business hat on.

0103media
18-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Why buy a VW when you can buy a ford... ????

0103media
21-04-2006, 03:36 PM
aimed at me by any chance? lol

Never .. me no ways.. Why do you have a fords hehehehehe

beadsbydesign
22-04-2006, 11:35 AM
I have clients who are very loyal for a long time and then I notice that they have dissappeared. Initially I was worried by this, but in the end most of them return. All markets are competative. Unless you find that super disirable product that no-one else can get, then clients are going to shop around.
You owe no-one loyalty. if the price, service and stock are not all as you want them then look around. You can always go back later happy in the knowledge that you can't do any better!

tjc designs
22-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Hi Seahorse,

The simple answer to that is yes - having a conscience is sometimes a bad thing - but have you told your supplier that you can get your items at a better price elsewhere? Maybe try that and say that obviously you would prefer to stay with them and see if they will do a deal with you.

That way if they comply - excellent you continue to have a great working relationship and if they don't at least you gave then a choice easing your conscience - in this world you don't get if you don't ask!!!!

Hope that helps you to sleep easier lol :)
Happy crafting Wishes
Traci x :)