PDA

View Full Version : Might not work but...

snowgoose
03-01-2009, 02:28 PM
i was thinking abut maybe having a thread for each user to upload thier images. So when they take a new picture of what they made, they add it to their own thread. Then it would also make it easier for others to see all their work in one place, instead of their albums.

Opinions???

cupcake
03-01-2009, 02:35 PM
I have such a hard time uploading and embedding photos into thread messages that this would be a nightmare for me. Everytime I've tried it tells me that the image file is too big even when I make it smaller than the forum states it should be. I've just given up. I don't know how to get around this, and I'm quite techy generally so this winds me up totally.

Albums work ok for me, and I do add images into my albums as I make stuff.

Sorry, don't mean to be a downer, I know lots of people manage to get pics into threads with no problem, just not me.

snowgoose
03-01-2009, 02:39 PM
The image problem doesnt only mean dimentions , this error will occur if the images are too big, in terms of memory.

beadsbydesign
03-01-2009, 03:58 PM
it would mean far too many threads on the home page. The albums work well and on many forums you'd be paying for the honor of having an album.
If you wish to draw attention to anything in particular you are welcome to start a thread in any of the relevant sections.

cupcake
03-01-2009, 09:10 PM
The image problem doesnt only mean dimentions , this error will occur if the images are too big, in terms of memory.

I am aware of this, but I've taken an image down to poor quality and 16Kb and it still won't post it despite saying that jpg's are ok up to 19.3Kb. I've given up.