PDA

View Full Version : I am having a sale!!

GlamGlass
18-12-2008, 11:55 AM
I have slashed all my prices on my website and on folksy to try to clear some items and to try and spur on these sites. I am hoping to start a new range of items in the new year!!

urbtaf
18-12-2008, 01:55 PM
We were going to have a 20% off sale starting yesterday on the market. but seeing that the footfall was down by at least 50% we didnt see the point. may try it Fri if theres enough customers to tempt

Peter
18-12-2008, 02:43 PM
I have slashed all my prices on my website and on folksy to try to clear some items and to try and spur on these sites. I am hoping to start a new range of items in the new year!!
I just looked at your website, and at 4.99 you're almost giving your work away already! Pull stuff to bits if you feel you can make better, but I would suggest 'putting it away' until a. You feel better about it, or b. The punters realise what they're getting for their money! :) Beads and glasswork don't 'go off', so don't give 'em away - or you'll lose your artistic cred! :)

annnoble
18-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi,
I totally agree with Peter, surely you are not even covering the cost of the glass!!!

GlamGlass
18-12-2008, 06:17 PM
I have slashed the prices to generate some sales ,but will only be doing so for a short time!! I will be creating again soon and my pricing will reflect this!!
I should have put Limited time only!!

CeeGee
18-12-2008, 06:40 PM
I know it's a pain from an admin point of view, but I really think you should make it clear on your website that you're having a sale, and show what prices the items were for sale at previously. A sale that your customers don't know about seems kind of self-defeating.

GlamGlass
18-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Thanks CeeGee!! I have put a message on my front page!!