PDA

View Full Version : What did you buy this weekend?

Seahorse
10-04-2006, 10:06 AM
As some of you may know i like to buy things use them once then never use them again.
Just thought Id start a thread so we can all say what we bought last.

I bought-
28 gauge copper wire
thin black velvet ribbon,99p a metre!!!
eyepins
clear string for necklaces
and a wire designer so my wire swily things will all look the same.
and crimp beads.

Craft Cellar
10-04-2006, 10:27 AM
Some Nymo thread:rolleyes: I didn't do very well did I??

Seahorse
10-04-2006, 10:30 AM
Whats Nymo thread?

Craft Cellar
10-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Its a strong Nylon thread to make necklaces and use in beading etc.

Seahorse
10-04-2006, 12:35 PM
Graet can you help me with the necklace making thread I posted earlier.

Craft Cellar
10-04-2006, 12:45 PM
Have replied on your earlier post. Hope it helps ;)

Seahorse
10-04-2006, 05:09 PM
Woohoo!!Just received some solder and flux.

Its the little things in life that makes me happy.

tjc designs
22-04-2006, 09:20 PM
OOOOOHHHHH Solder and flux - now I am intereted - let me know how that goes as I have just got a soldering iron as I Love working with wire making embellishments for cardmaking and scrapbooking etc... I thought I could probably do some much better designs with a soldering iron - not sure how to use it yet or even where to get the flux!!!!

So let me know all!!!!!

Hopefully it will not be too complicated lol

Happy Crafting Wishes

Traci x :)

Seahorse
24-04-2006, 10:18 AM
You can get all you need from www.creativeglassguild.co.uk

Email them and they will be happy to help.

tjc designs
24-04-2006, 10:30 AM
Thanks for that I will have a look later - how are you getting on with it?

Seahorse
24-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Well, Im waiting for my glass order which is a subject all on its own(see 'wheres my order').
I shall christen my new soldering iron when I get those.
Il finally be able to do lots as the order is of glass pieces the right size to fit some acetates in so I can finally get on with them.
Planning ahead and making Christmas things.

Need to get some tip tinner for the iron so it doesnt crumble like it has and make sure I maintain it on a regular basis.

What do yuo make?

Sticky Nicky
29-06-2006, 05:02 PM
I bought some red swarovski's, 32 butterfly swarovski pendants ( 5.05 !!! ) and some indian bead mixes.

carolinemhannon
29-06-2006, 05:31 PM
nymo thread is used in beadweaving and some lightweight stringing, eg seed beads

anything heavier and it'll break

i hope this answers your what nymo question

Seahorse
29-06-2006, 06:03 PM
I bought some fabric sheets wih pictures on, wont get them for 4-14 days.Its too long to wait!!!

Sticky Nicky
29-06-2006, 07:30 PM
I'm going to start planning for christmas too, working out some gift sets to put in my little shop. I also bought some fab little wooden beads, going to make some bohermian hippy-ish stuff.

Dotty
12-07-2006, 09:24 PM
I bought flowers to embellish my scrapbook pages bazzils and primas. Very lush

jumblebugs
01-08-2006, 12:23 AM
I did a craft fair called the punk rock craft fair,
it was so much fun!

Seahorse
01-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Nothing, Im trying to be a good girl and not spend money, its the most difficult thing Ive had to do!

Angel Crafts
14-08-2006, 11:43 PM
Spring Fling papers from Blonde Moments, yummy!!!!!

Seahorse
15-08-2006, 10:37 AM
I was naughty.
Square setting, kermit free chain,beads.

Im pondering on buying a laminator.

swirlyarts
15-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Laminator's are great - I used them loads in my former life as a teacher. One word of warning - ALWAYS use the little card thingy they give you to put the plastic sheets in. I forgot one morning and you can imagine the mess when the plastic melted on the roller. I wasn't too popular in the staff room that day!
What are you going to laminate?

Seahorse
15-08-2006, 01:34 PM
I do soldering, I like to place acetate pictures betwween 2 bits of glass then solder round but the acetate pictures 'sweat' so I thought laminating them would help this problem which it has done on some of the pictures)I used the one at work, its gon bubbly which ruins some of the picks so need a new one to try anyway).

Ive managed to find a cheap one of WHSmiths site for 12.50 then about 3 for some pouches. I know price refelcts quality but I also know il probably use it once then move on to another project, so i hate wasting money.
I think ive convinced myself to get it.

Whadyathink?

swirlyarts
15-08-2006, 01:39 PM
A cheap laminator should be fine - I would just be prepared to try out different pouches to see which ones are the best. Some of the ones we used in school bubbled up but sometimes runing them through again when the laminator was very hot solved that.

Seahorse
15-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Ah, I was thinking that!
I tend to be very impatient and use it as soon as the 'ready' light shows up so that may explain the bubbles.

I used it once before on some photos (for a birthday doo) and they were fine, it had been heating up for a while as I printed off the pics.

Yep, the pouches are a factor too.Its so annoying only being able to buy packs!!I waste so much money just trying things out.