PDA

View Full Version : Any using the REP system.

0103media
30-03-2006, 03:58 PM
See this icon top right of each http://crafts-forum.ukcraftwebsites.co.uk/images/buttons/reputation.gif

Click on it if you think the post is of value and you can give Rep to the poster..

Rep is great fun...

0103media
30-03-2006, 05:32 PM
Add your comments to the rep and post :D

Try it using rep as above.. NO neg for me please ;)

swirlyarts
30-03-2006, 05:49 PM
I've got 2 'reps' - is it possible to see who gave them to me and what they say??

0103media
30-03-2006, 05:53 PM
I've got 2 'reps' - is it possible to see who gave them to me and what they say??

This is due to your post count and how long you have been signed up... for full list of the scale will be post soon about with the ability to see who repped u :D

0103media
03-04-2006, 02:20 PM

If you visit "User CP" top left in the blue bar your see all the comment left by other people..

If you see the green blobs then to the top right of each post gives the Rep power of each user..

Lets get REPPING :D

indri
06-02-2007, 05:54 PM
I don't get it! What's this repping?

0103media
06-02-2007, 05:57 PM
indri you have a rep power of 2.. .

this is reputation..

The green blobs increase every 100 or so rep points..

If you click on the scales you can give me rep (hint)

Try it..

The more green blobs the more rep you have..

(you can also take it away ;) )

swirlyarts
06-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Yeah!!!! I put Mr Media up to two green blobs!!!!!!! :pile:

Andamento
27-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Digging this thread back up! Had to have a search around to find it as I couldn't remember how to do it, used it for the 1st time today, fab!

0103media
27-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Digging this thread back up! Had to have a search around to find it as I couldn't remember how to do it, used it for the 1st time today, fab!

All "important" threads are stuck at the top of each of the forums..

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Enjoy repping :D

Andamento
27-03-2007, 04:41 PM
I couldn't remember which forum I'd seen it in though, there are quite a few!

EMEvans
31-03-2007, 09:13 AM
I still don't get it (i know i'm a bit stupid). I understand the bit about giving people rep power but there are members with more rep power and more posts than me, but i have more green blobs. Just wondering why? I'm not complaining (please don't take away my blobs......hehe).

Buttonberry
26-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Cool so do you only get rep by people repping you or does it also increase with the time you are on the forum etc?

0103media
26-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Cool so do you only get rep by people repping you or does it also increase with the time you are on the forum etc?
Both .. but it would take about 10 yrs to get 2 green blobs..

Post count makes a big difference..

Pretty things
09-05-2007, 08:42 PM
I've just searched for this thread because I am thoroughly confused by green blobs and reps and blobs and .....*froth, dribble, twitch....* It sort of made it clearer but I'm still not really sure how it works ........

0103media
10-05-2007, 11:38 AM
If you click on this http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/usercp.php

Your see the latest rep give to you and your score..

The higher your score the more green blobs you get and the more points you pass when you rep someone else..

mymiyel
04-03-2008, 11:46 PM
If you visit "User CP" top left in the blue bar your see all the comment left by other people..

Sorry to be a dunce but where is this? If I don't see anything does that mean no-one has said anything?

Focus on Life
05-03-2008, 12:08 AM
Sorry to be a dunce but where is this? If I don't see anything does that mean no-one has said anything?

You get to know when someone's given you some rep, I cant remember how at the minute but I've tried to paste you a copy of my User CP page so you can see what it looks like when you get some - although I dunno if it lets me show anyone my own page, there might be some sort of privacy thingy to it? - Oh well, I'll try it anyway

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/usercp.php

hth

shaz x

candles by lisa
05-03-2008, 08:57 AM

If you go into UserCP which is on the tool bar near the top on the left hand side this shows you your control panel if you have been given rep it will tell you there who gave you it and what they said.

HTH.

Lisa

:D

crafty-clarie
05-03-2008, 10:00 PM
I dont have any comments on my user cp either. Presumably noone has repp'd me!!!

What I dont get tho' is how all this relates to the score and the green blobs shown when you post on the thread - do you get me?:mf:aaaagghhh!!

Claire x

crafty-clarie
05-03-2008, 10:02 PM
I have a rep power of 4 and 1 green blob (which isn't illuminated) yet I dont have any comments on my user cp!!

Is anyone still with me?:confused:

Claire x

Focus on Life
05-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Dont quote me on the accuracy of my ramblings but as a general idea, the more posts you make, the higher your numbers go up (I think) so just keep joining in as much as you want to and you'll see your numbers growing eventually...

As for the green blobs, those start building up if anyone finds your comments, help or advice particularly useful and helpful - so they "rep" you with the scales icon - and a little comment box appears on the thread post showing who it is who "agrees" with what you've said - and you can also negative rep someone by disagreeing with what theyve said - which seems to be pretty rare on this forum, the type of person who'd get neg rep seem to be recognised & booted out of the front door pretty sharpish anyway or they dont stick around long (get me, sounding like I've been here forever, sorry!) :)

So yeah, you'll only start to see comments in your User CP area when someone gives you rep for something

And as for your one green blob, I cant remember now? Maybe we all start with a green blob anyway?

....I was intrigued by red blobs a while ago but theyre naughty ones, you dont want any of them! :mf:

shaz x

crafty-clarie
05-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Thanks for that.

Red blobs (?) I always thought that was something to do with womens problems;).:p.

Claire x :jippie:

mymiyel
06-03-2008, 10:31 PM
You get to know when someone's given you some rep, I cant remember how at the minute but I've tried to paste you a copy of my User CP page so you can see what it looks like when you get some - although I dunno if it lets me show anyone my own page, there might be some sort of privacy thingy to it? - Oh well, I'll try it anyway

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/usercp.php

hth

shaz x

Thanks Shaz,

I clicked on the link but it brought up my own! But i've since had some rep comments so the question has been answered. Though I still can't say I completely understand because my rep figure has stayed the same. Do you need so many before it goes up and should the number and the green blob represent same number? :confused:

Y'know, me thinks this is opening a lot more doors than it's closing. Best (for me at least) to carry on regardless. I'm just here to chat and get good advice and help and comments and I'm doing that so I'm happy :D

Yvonne
x

mymiyel
06-03-2008, 10:34 PM
I get the feeling this is going to be one of those threads that goes on forever and people just keep adding to it.....

Focus on Life
07-03-2008, 12:24 AM
. I'm just here to chat and get good advice and help and comments and I'm doing that so I'm happy :D

Yvonne
x

I couldnt agree more - it is lovely to get rep - and to give it - and to see your green blobs blobbing - but we'd still help each other out if we were blob-less so dinna worry boot it! :D

Shaz x

gemwaithdebbie
20-10-2008, 12:06 AM
(many months later) Yep... you all lost me! :sm:

sparkysdad
07-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Im very curious abut the "rep" system.. I get the bit about the more posts you make the higher it goes, and that you get even more if someone gives it to you for something you post..

But I have 300 posts - give or take, and rep of 150 give or take..

There's folk on here that have thousands of posts, but percentage wise relatively low rep figures.. feels like Im getting "secret" rep?? :confused::confused:

does the length of your contributions as well as the number of them make a difference?? or is there something odd going on??

confused.. :mf:

greannancrafts
07-04-2009, 08:15 PM
I often try to give rep points - but the system tells me I have to spread my lurve?

I now find if someone gives me a point - I will give one back if/when they give a sensible answer either on forum or pm.

I am more concerned about people who cannot be found the the members list who seem to give/take away points:)

Jane

goldy1
07-04-2009, 08:17 PM
http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_reputation

nattynetty
07-04-2009, 08:17 PM
I think it also depends on who it is giving you the rep, the higher their rep the more you get - or something like that...I'm sure someone a bit more expert than me will be along soon to clarify.

carolthescot
28-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Lets get REPPING :D

Sounds like a name of a dance ha ha :mf:

xx Carol xx

Boo
24-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Hi there, I'm new to the forum and was directed to this thread via a link from Peter...I think I understand how 'reps' work now, so I can see I'll be showing my appreciation of all the help and advice given on here by 'repping'...I agree with carolthescot, it does sound like a dance :D

skullandcrossbuns
24-07-2009, 10:54 PM
I've been here a week and I still don't get it :confused: :D

Boo
25-07-2009, 12:36 AM
Hi skullandcrossbuns, have a read of this link...

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_reputation

after which it should all be as clear as mud :D

PS Sorry if you've already read it...

Soapie
07-08-2009, 10:53 AM
I was just wondering when and why others press the REP scales......For me it is when I find something interesting or useful, what about you?

cryst
23-05-2011, 07:34 AM
But i am not able to see that sign!! Help me!!

Bath-Bomb.Com
23-05-2011, 08:44 AM
It's now a litte star next to the triangle with the exclamation mark in it (which is the report post button)...

Have a look in the bottom left of your post....

removed10
16-08-2012, 03:58 PM
See if these two search results help you - you can always go to FAQ, at the bottom of the pink bars at the top of every page, and search the FAQs for something...you may have to wander through the results but will generally find what you're looking for

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=reputation&titleandtext=1&match=all

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=user+control+panel&titleandtext=1&match=all

crafterchris
16-08-2012, 04:22 PM
I didnt understand what repping was either. Thanks for telling us. That makes it very clear. Better get started!! Here's one for you from me.

removed10
16-08-2012, 04:35 PM
When you get to your main user control panel, bookmark it so it's easy to find in the future!