PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe my kids

shiner
07-12-2008, 12:05 AM
In September I spent an afternoon walking around our local fields getting my self scratched to bit gathering rosehips the dog thought it was great though a whole afternoon chasing dandylion "fairies" (She's a lovely dog just missing a few connections between the ears) I spent the following day making 3 large (2lb storage) jars of rosehip jelly, tonight I had a bit of a sweet tooth and fancied some toast and jam, when I couldnt find it I asked where all the jam was only to be told that they had eaten it all, Thats endless thorns and scratches to make 6lb of jam the only taste I had was to check the sweetness when I was making it

SusieQ
07-12-2008, 12:19 AM
At least they must have enjoyed it !!!(Or put it in the bin when you weren't looking!!!!! No I'm sure it was lovely!! Sue xx:sm:

Recycled Bag Lady
07-12-2008, 01:34 AM
At least yours eat the Rosehip jelly - mine have turned their noses up at it.
Oh well, more for me! :p

RhinosoRoss
07-12-2008, 10:37 AM
We spent a day making Rowan jelly which ended up absolutely perfect apart from the bitter after-taste which stopped us eating it... Then we had a tree surgeon visit who told us that it wasn't a Rowan tree as the father-in-law had told us, and that we shouldn't eat the berries! I've forgotten what he said the tree was though... :confused:

Autumn Faerie
07-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Oh no, but at least they liked it - my DD would have turned her nose up too!

Critchley
07-12-2008, 01:55 PM
We spent a day making Rowan jelly which ended up absolutely perfect apart from the bitter after-taste which stopped us eating it... Then we had a tree surgeon visit who told us that it wasn't a Rowan tree as the father-in-law had told us, and that we shouldn't eat the berries! I've forgotten what he said the tree was though... :confused:
I've tried Rowan and it does have a slight aftertaste, not unpleasant but not to all tastes wither.

Tip Top
08-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Well, my boys are currently enjoying the delights of Swirly jam - two jars of blackberry jam donated by the lovely Swirly!!

They love it!:D

I'm not domesticated enough to try making jam myself!!