PDA

View Full Version : Tax return form already?!?

Noodlefish
05-12-2008, 01:11 PM

goldy1
05-12-2008, 02:07 PM
The form will be from April 2007 to April 2008 so I would phone and ask why you been sent one. just use it as a practice . ;)

goldy1
05-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Que=iet all right Noodle I do it all the time then take a second and re read things. :D

helenvictoria
05-12-2008, 03:30 PM
my goodness.... my heart almost stopped reading that post!! I to started my biz at that time and registered it. After filling out reams of paper work i thought that would be it.

I am no where near organised to be able to sort out tax returns.... Note to self.... better start organising now.....

So its the end of April for tax returns then?

matt.chatterley
05-12-2008, 03:50 PM
my goodness.... my heart almost stopped reading that post!! I to started my biz at that time and registered it. After filling out reams of paper work i thought that would be it.

I am no where near organised to be able to sort out tax returns.... Note to self.... better start organising now.....

So its the end of April for tax returns then?

Tax years run April to April, and the deadline for the paper form is 31st October of the ending year (e.g. 31 Oct 09 for 08 to 09 tax year). If you choose to file online you have until the end of January the next year.

I'm quite au fait with tax returns now (sure I'm not the only one) - especially since I am now non-resident in the UK, but still liable to complete a return - have been through all sorts of complications!

Feel free to pop any questions at me. :)

helenvictoria
05-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Tax years run April to April, and the deadline for the paper form is 31st October of the ending year (e.g. 31 Oct 09 for 08 to 09 tax year). If you choose to file online you have until the end of January the next year.

I'm quite au fait with tax returns now (sure I'm not the only one) - especially since I am now non-resident in the UK, but still liable to complete a return - have been through all sorts of complications!

Feel free to pop any questions at me.

Thankyou!! i would be greatfull for all the help i can get at the moment. I am worrying about doing my tax return already!

Helenxxxx

cardsbykatie
05-12-2008, 04:02 PM
I registered in january ths year and only got a tax form today after having to phone and ask for it! They must know I've not made enough to owe them anything!

matt.chatterley
05-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Thankyou!! i would be greatfull for all the help i can get at the moment. I am worrying about doing my tax return already!

Helenxxxx

Most important thing - don't worry about it.

Even if you do make a mess of it (I did with my first ever one), they're quite helpful, if you can get through to someone!

I made a basic arithmetic error on my first return, ended up for a bill for 4000 - phoned them up, explained, the nice woman agreed it was a silly mistake and they corrected it immediately (and wound up owing ME 50). :D

It's really quite straightforward once you get into it, though!

helenvictoria
05-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Most important thing - don't worry about it.

Even if you do make a mess of it (I did with my first ever one), they're quite helpful, if you can get through to someone!

I made a basic arithmetic error on my first return, ended up for a bill for 4000 - phoned them up, explained, the nice woman agreed it was a silly mistake and they corrected it immediately (and wound up owing ME 50). :D

It's really quite straightforward once you get into it, though!

Whoops!! that sounds like the sort of thing that i will end up doing. I am keeping all my reciepts and i have spend out on tools and equipment, i am hoping that they will end up owing me money too!!

Thankyou i feel a bit at ease with it now......