PDA

View Full Version : Woo Hoo got a craft fair....

the felt fairy
01-03-2006, 11:54 AM
....... Yippee, its not till July but that gives me plenty of time to get stuff made (dont have much ready).

It's in Thurmaston in Leicestershire if anyones interested. Right next to a new (busy) shopping centre.

It's only my 2nd fair!! It was on last year and a friend of mine did really well at it despite the rain.

:D :D :D

Seahorse
01-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Well done, Im sure youll sell loads.

I can feel your enthusiasm oozing from the monitor!!

the felt fairy
01-03-2006, 01:38 PM
OMG just been offered another one for 1st of April!

This one is an Easter Fayre, havnt made anything eastery but at 10 for a table for the day it seems too good to miss!!

Seahorse
01-03-2006, 01:42 PM
10 for the day, even id do that!

lab
01-03-2006, 02:28 PM
good luck definatkey worth doing at that price :D

craftdancer
01-03-2006, 02:42 PM
Hi

I know I haven't posted much, but I do read the forum just about every day and I'm very interested in what everyone is doing.

I think I might be interested in the July fair - Routeplanner says it is two and a half hours from me, but it's fairly straightforward. It depends on the date, times and cost. Would you be very kind and let me have some more details?

Many thanks :)

PS I won't be any competition to you 'cos I do aromatherapy and herbal creams and lotions and needlework scented sachets and chutneys, mustards etc (in fact all sorts of herb and spice products). :lol:

raspberrybloom
01-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Good luck with the fairs and be sure to let us know how you get on! :D

the felt fairy
01-03-2006, 03:09 PM
I think I might be interested in the July fair - Routeplanner says it is two and a half hours from me, but it's fairly straightforward. It depends on the date, times and cost. Would you be very kind and let me have some more details?

I have pm'ed you the details. Where abouts are you then??

Bea
01-03-2006, 03:44 PM
Great news! Once you get a fair, more often than not you end up on their mailing list. They even sometimes pass on their details.

Sounds good, good luck!

Bea

Seahorse
01-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Do you have business cards people can help themselves to?

I tend to pick uo leaflets or cards with site addresses on and have a look.

Bea
01-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Do you have business cards people can help themselves to?

I tend to pick uo leaflets or cards with site addresses on and have a look.

quite right! I got mine from vistaprint, I think a lot of small businesses use vistaprint because they're quite cheap. the only problem with them is that you keep getting junk mail afterwards to buy more! :? I mean, how fast does a small business go through 500 business cards! :roll: anyway I still recommend them because of their ease of use :wink:

Seahorse
01-03-2006, 04:20 PM
Could people make their own?
Even if its printed on paper not card it will be cheaper and get the message across with contact details.

Are shop bought business cards limited in what they can put on the cards.
As in do they use clip art type symbols if required or could they us photos and do something special with it?

swirlyarts
01-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Hiya,

How spooky - I've jst ordered a whole load of new ones from Vistaprint last night! Seahorse - on Vistaprint you can upload photos etc to make your cards unique and you do get lots of freebie offers but some of them can be worth taking up. I would love to have the time to makemy own business cards but there aren't enough hours in the day :lol:

Lynsey

Bea
01-03-2006, 04:30 PM
of course you can create your own and print them. Powerpoint is a great tool for that.
With vistaprint, you can download your logo, put the text / graphics on both sides, etc. I find it very flexible for what I needed. I can't see myself trying to print on both sides and cutting up 500 cards at the moment!

I used to do my own but it proved too time consuming and the result wasn't as good. Anyway my colour printer is out of order, so that's another reason! :lol:

For one of my craft fairs, I had just printed the minimum info on paper and cut it up. Some people had laminated theirs.

I suppose you've got to find what works for you!

Seahorse
01-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Just found a site www.craftsman-magazine.co.uk which has a fair locater.

swirlyarts
01-03-2006, 05:11 PM
Cool - thanks! I've added it to my favourites although not quite at the stage of exhibiting just yet.....

Seahorse
01-03-2006, 05:20 PM
The idea of fairs scare me but then I suppose it will get your items seen and it would be nice to be around other people instead of working in what could be an isolated environment.

Do yuo guys recomend starting out on a website first, or doing fairs first?

raspberrybloom
01-03-2006, 05:54 PM
I would say fairs (though I have not had much luck because I booked some naff ones) because the financial outlay is chaeper and people can touch and see the workmanship of your work.

Also you don't have to worry about the marketing of the event (the organisers should have done it!) whereas, with your site it take time and effort to get visitors.

Give a few local fetes and fayres ago first.

Good luck