PDA

View Full Version : Crochet for our forthcoming baby

pepsi
14-11-2008, 12:01 AM
I have just crochet this baby coat for our new Baby due in June. My third Grandchild. It is a bit girly but if it happens to be a baby boy there is sure to be a Mother with a baby girl on the ward who may want it eh? I just always do this one, its so easy to do and looks pretty. Just thought I would show you all as I am so thrilled about this new addition to the family. It has been a nice change to do baby things again.
Well now better get busy with booties and hat eh? http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll111/dossydo/Image014.jpg

Recycled Bag Lady
14-11-2008, 12:11 AM
Awww, that is so pretty! Wish I'd had a little girlie to dress up in things like that (OH wouldn't let me put them on the boys - I said they'd never know ;))

ElaineJ
14-11-2008, 12:23 AM
Oh yes! It's a lovely pattern.

I do remember using that pattern (or one like it) many years ago for Child - she doesn't look like producing any grandchildren for me though!

autumn rose
14-11-2008, 12:59 AM
So lovely! :)

Kay
14-11-2008, 01:08 AM
Thats beautiful, I love it.
I loved my daughter in matinee jackets, my mum used to crochet these little shoes, like booties but with a strap and flowers. Awww happy memories, she is 19 now and gorans when I get the pics out of her wearing them. My mum doesnt have little ones to crochet for and makes bonnets and booties for the special care unit. She uses the patterns she used for out Tiny Tears dolls back in the 70's.

buffybaskey
14-11-2008, 01:58 AM
omg that is beautifull!!!! is that off a pattern?, thats so pretty!! xxx

xrheax
14-11-2008, 09:29 AM
That is gorgeous! I really really like it. My children used to wear knitted things all the time, but sadly they no longer have any relatives willing to do this now!
I have tried knitting but I am sooooo bad at it I'll leave it to experts like you!:D

craftynclothy
14-11-2008, 10:34 AM
That is gorgeous :)

pepsi
14-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Thanks folks, believe it or not I dont use a pattern, I had a one years ago, I have done so many of these over the years I pick up the hook and Im off auto pilot LOL. Mind you It wont be exactly as the pattern these days but close enough eh? I am Just so thrilled about this baby though. My daughter was told she may not be able to conceive because of a brain tumour. Wrong wrong wrong eh? Just hope and pray all goes well. xxx ;)

Sparklez
14-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Aww, best wishes to your daughter!!

My MIL crochets on auto pilot too, unless she is asked to make something specific. I have lots of lovely things that's she's made for me. She has tried teaching me, but I just can't do it.

craftdancer
14-11-2008, 11:05 AM
That's lovely. And clever you, being able to do it on autopilot after all this time!

Good luck to your daughter. I hope everything goes well and she has a healthy baby in June and is well herself.

Linda

pepsi
14-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Thank you Sparklez and Craftdancer. Yea I think most things can be done without a pattern if you crochet, the Stitches are so basically the same. Its just a matter of where you put them LOL. Cheers for the good wishes xxx :)

buffybaskey
14-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Thanks folks, believe it or not I dont use a pattern, I had a one years ago, I have done so many of these over the years I pick up the hook and Im off auto pilot LOL. Mind you It wont be exactly as the pattern these days but close enough eh? I am Just so thrilled about this baby though. My daughter was told she may not be able to conceive because of a brain tumour. Wrong wrong wrong eh? Just hope and pray all goes well. xxx ;)

life is a mircle mine ds liked to prove the doctors wrong too lol good luck to her and the precious little one:)

Lili
17-11-2008, 12:38 AM
That's lovely. Fantastic news about the baby - all the best to your daughter.
Lili

Critchley
17-11-2008, 12:48 AM
That is beautiful, must have taken you ages.

Louise88
17-11-2008, 01:34 AM
Ooh that's lovely :)

Raffles Bizarre
17-11-2008, 01:46 AM
thats adorable!
i love that the bottom edge isn't straight across.
great work!

frankie
17-11-2008, 05:57 PM
gorgeous, isnt it lovely to be able to do these things, i crocheted for my children and the grandchildren . when you make something like this it is made with love. hugs

GonetoEarth
17-11-2008, 06:35 PM
That would be a very beautiful, baby wraped in love. That's a fantastic piece of handicraft. I admit I used to put my son when very small in litte crocheted jackets.