PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary Craft Fair Glasgow

workshop16
09-11-2008, 06:18 PM
I can never seem to find contemporary craft fairs in my area - so I've decided to organise my own.
I can't believe that there is no demand for good quality craftwork - surely the opposite should be true?
I am bored with mass-produced identical items. That is what led me into learning traditional silversmithing techniques. My jewellery may not have the perfection of a mass-produced item, but that is exactly the way I want it to be.
So if you are a like-minded individual let me know - Is there a demand for a contemporary craft fair in the Glasgow/central Scotland area?

Pebbles
09-11-2008, 06:52 PM
I believe there are a few but it is a case of finding them!

There is no one place that lists all of the fairs, there are a number of organisations arranging thier own and a number of "one-off" craft fairs. What we are lacking is someone to publish ALL fairs in Glasgow, I am sure there are lots!

Amethystjewellery
09-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Yes, there is a demand for craft fairs in the Glasgow area. A couple of other members have also started holding events in the area. I would be very interested in having a table. Please let me know when you have a venue and dates organised,
Cheers,:D
Sheena!

Pagan
09-11-2008, 07:07 PM
I'd be happy to travel through to Glasgow for a fair

Sparklez
09-11-2008, 07:18 PM
None left for this year, but check out www.glasgowcraftfairs.co.uk

This is the same people that do www.edinburghcraftfairs.co.uk

Carol

SNOWF1975
09-11-2008, 07:26 PM
oh, id be interested in a table too!!:D

sunshine
09-11-2008, 08:44 PM
I would be very interested in having a table too...:mf:

spider
09-11-2008, 08:47 PM
glasgowbizarebazarre organise in glasgow. i saw a posting on this forum for them.

Bad Kitty
10-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Hi there Workshop16,

Yes, I organise the GBB, although the Christmas Fair is my first one. :o

I did the same as you. I couldn't find one to sell stuff in so I decided to start my own. The hardest thing about it was finding a good venue. I booked Glasgow Royal Concert Hall which is in a great spot but it is bloody expensive. Really looking forward to the day now.

Best of luck with with organising your events. I would be very interested in one for next year.

Kelly xx

PS. There are still a couple of stalls left for the Christmas Fair (Sat 13th Dec) if anyone is interested. Sorry for the shamelss plug :p xx

workshop16
10-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Thanks to everyone who has replied so far.
Your support is really appreciated.:)
Should be finalising things today so I'll let you know location and date ASAP.
I am looking for as broad a range of crafts as we have in this area to be represented at the event so if you make soap, candles, glass, textiles for instance, please contact me.
Thanks again!

cbld
13-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Add me to your list please! I'm a soap-maker :)

handcrafted
13-11-2008, 08:00 PM
I owuld love to do something like a craft fair but im fair pushed even making enough stock for my website! I think next year will be my time for craft fairs, once iv had more experience!

fairynuffy
14-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Me too... but again I'm waiting until next year. Far too disorganised and haven't done one before. Want to get it right when I do it and not rush myself.
Let me know your date and I might be interested!

Cx

karen kennedy
30-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Hi I agree Im Looking for a good fair also, Iwould love to be involved please let me know.I produce original paintings and greetings cards and take a pride in the quality of something unique and original.

karen kennedy
30-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Thanks to everyone who has replied so far.
Your support is really appreciated.:)
Should be finalising things today so I'll let you know location and date ASAP.
I am looking for as broad a range of crafts as we have in this area to be represented at the event so if you make soap, candles, glass, textiles for instance, please contact me.
Thanks again!
Would love to be involved hope to hear from you soon dont have a website but you can email me . karenkennedy1960@hotmail.com :mf:I (karenkennedy1960@hotmail.com I) would love to have a table Cheers

karen kennedy
30-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Hi just saw your message and was delighted I did acraft fair yesterday in the lighthouse and I was given your website from another exhibitor but my computer wouldnt let me access it ,Please let me know if ther are still some spaces.thanks Karen email me at karenkennedy1960@hotmail.com:mf::)
PS. There are still a couple of stalls left for the Christmas Fair (Sat 13th Dec) if anyone is interested. Sorry for the shamelss plug :p xx[/quote]

karen kennedy
30-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Dont know i ou rcieved my post cozI think I did it wrong Im very interested in a craft fair in or around Glasgow .Please let me know .
Cheers;)

workshop16
01-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi Karen,

I've sent you an email.

Sorry for not replying sooner.

karen kennedy
01-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Dear Bad Kitty what a great name!!!
I have heard from a number of people now about your event and was given your website from a lovely woman who is going to be exhibiting with you in the concert hall.I have been trying very unsuccessfully to access it all day and Im very stressed.I posted on the forum last night and Rhonda who is workshop 16 and whose brilliant event I was at on Saturday emailed me and gavee me your name and said she thought you might still have some spaces left.Please let me know if you do. Thanks mucho.email me at karenkennedy1960@hotmail.com:mf::D:)
Karen Kennedy