PDA

View Full Version : General ebay crapness!

waitingformagic
04-11-2008, 09:37 PM
[content removed]

Bath-Bomb.Com
04-11-2008, 10:20 PM
This is awful...poor you - I think you were more than generous leaving her a neutral...

I don't think you are being unjust in any way....I sometimes send the wrong thing out on Ebay and I always just send the right one out and tell the customer to keep the original (usually I say something like - if you can't use it perhaps you know someone who can) - I consider it the price I should pay for my incompetence.

I think it's sellers like the one you dealt with who give Ebay sellers a bad name - they are just unprofessional. You shouldn't pay for the return postage - simply tell her that if she would like the goods back she must refund your postage and send you the money for the return postage - afterall, you shouldn't have to pay for goods you didn't want to be sent to you OR to send them back...

By the way, did you know you can leave a response to someone's feedback? You might want to comment on any feedback she left you or leave more of an explanation on the feedback you left her - sometimes those little exchanges tell a world of a story, especially when one party is civil and reasonable and sticks to the facts and the other party is SCREAMING LIKE A CRAZY BANSHEE...get my drift?

All the best

Judi :)

Bea
13-11-2008, 10:57 PM
It seems to have dragged on a bit, despite the fact she tried to put it right, sending a replacement twice and you never received any?
The distance selling regulations state that if the seller made a mistake, the postage should be refunded in full, so legally she is wrong (although she could have waited for the items back before refunding). But why refund if she sent you a replacement? And she should pay for the items to be returned to her. A bit of an odd one.
If you really want to return the items back to her, don't put a stamp so she'll have to pay for it at her end. (only thought about it as my neighbour had to pick up a letter at the post office today because it hadn't been stamped!)

mrsfrog
13-11-2008, 11:10 PM
i bought some stuff of ebay, had probs refund, in the end i kept the shabby teapot because i had to pay for its return so i was losing again. then the seller got offended and sent me a insulting message

Bea
13-11-2008, 11:20 PM
i bought some stuff of ebay, had probs refund, in the end i kept the shabby teapot because i had to pay for its return so i was losing again. then the seller got offended and sent me a insulting message

This is the problem, some sellers don't know the distance selling regulations and neither do the buyers. The DSR don't apply to auctions and this is how some sellers get away with it.

If your problem is recent, quote them the regs (if it wasn't an auction of course)!

Selina
14-11-2008, 08:30 AM
I'm waiting for a rug that I bought 9 days ago, e-mailed after a week and had no response and then again yesterday and still no response. This is a proper ebay shop with over 5000 feedback and the listing states shipped within 7 days usually next day by overnight courier! Reading the feedback though it seems that communication is not this sellers strong point as there are a few negs and so is listing things that are not in stock!! Nuisance really!!! Selina

PeggyCrafts
14-11-2008, 01:06 PM
grrr - that sounds very annoying. You were right to leave her a neutral - I think that's very generous, given the circumstances! People like that just can't admit when they're wrong - but she clearly is!! :mad:

cbld
17-11-2008, 10:06 AM
What a nightmare! Ebay can be great sometimes, but it's situations like this that show the other side of it :(

I agree with everyone else - you were generous to leave neutral and you should definitely leave a follow-up comment.

ElaineJ
17-11-2008, 11:58 AM
I don't use ebay - but if I'd had your experience I'd definitely have given negative feedback - and stuck to it whatever she said.

silvermaid
17-11-2008, 09:54 PM
I had an ebayer mess me about, the first parcel didn't arrive after a few weeks of apologies for the delay and then the second parcel also went astray after a few more weeks and more excuses and then she suddenly became non-registered on ebay. I couldn't leave feedback or open a dispute with paypal cos the time was out.
I sent her ( my one and only ) nasty email telling her I didn't belive she had posted anything to me and I thought she was a crook and had stolen my money.
Of course I heard nothing back and lost my money but it made me feel better.

Melanie

Bea
19-11-2008, 08:54 AM
aw that's awful silvermaid!

I've been at the other end of the stick. Someone pays for some items, I send them, then Paypal take the money back with no explanation (useless Paypal communication as usual). The girl never replied to any of my emails both through ebay and direct, I also wrote to her saying that the goods are the property of JustBeads until she pays for them, but heard nothing. It's not such a big amount but it's the principle. She's got goods she has not paid for, thief.

I got a little pleasure out of someone last week. She left me a neg (my one and only!) for some beads which are one of my best sellers on the website! I couldn't believe it. I tried to ask her why she thought that of the beads, competely unjustified otherwise I wouldn't sell them! Anyway, last week she tried to buy some stuff but I had blocked her and she asked why she was blocked. I explained, I said remove your neg and I will allow to purchase the goods, she came over all friendly, said she was new to ebay (with 98 feeedbacks, new!) and didn't realise the consequences of what she had done. However it now transpires that ebay will no longer remove negs!