PDA

View Full Version : Procrastination

Seahorse
27-01-2006, 04:17 PM
Im sat here with acetate photocopies of 1930's wedding photos,perspex, charms, wire, diamantes,findings, glitter, glue,embellishments galore and yet Im sitting here doing nothing.
Do I place the acetate picture into a clear key fob on its own or doI add things, once its in the fram i cant get the pic out easily!!

I dont know where to start.I may begin then have an idea that slightly varies, so which one do I do, which will look better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I dont want to waste materials but I want to make everything to see what it would look like.

But for some stupid reason Im doing nothing.

What motivates you?
Do you have 1 idea and stick to it til the end?

the felt fairy
27-01-2006, 06:13 PM
You've just gotta start fiddling around. I usually start with one idea and end up with something totally different.

Make sure you have more than one of everything if possible and dont go for overkill and use all of your bits on one item.

Main thing is HAVE FUN and stop procrastinating!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

liz15a
27-01-2006, 09:45 PM
Seahorse you must be the most crafty person ever!

You always seem to be trying something new, be it beads, clay and something else the other day (I cant remember what I read about now sorry!) I totally admire your dedication and enthusiasm!!

I am surrounded by products every day (I do sell them after all!) and occasionally I get an idea about a product and I carry it around in my head until I eventually get ronud to doing it. My most recent cards were for St Patricks Day, simply because I handled some 4 leaf clovers which I decided to turn into shamrocks!! Oddly though, the products I like best never end up being the ones I use or make the best cards!

I wish this forum could have a gallery of its members work.....

Peter
27-01-2006, 10:42 PM
As an oil painter before I started messing about with flowers, I usually had around 3 or 4 canvasses on the go at a time - whichever dried fastest was the next one to work on! I find I do it with the floral displays as well, I'll start one, and leave it 'till I find more inspiration.......just depends on mood! :roll:

Seahorse
31-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Do any of you keep an ideas book?

liz15a
31-01-2006, 09:47 AM
I always mean to jot things down as I think of them, but never do!

I have lots of notebooks knocking around as well so I ought to make better use of them really!

I'm about to dabble in some jewelry making for the first time ever today - just got a load of stuff delivered so very excited!! Was up half the night last night reading about clasps and headpins and crimps so I have a vague idea what Im doing now I think!! :lol:

Seahorse
31-01-2006, 10:03 AM
Good luck.
I went to town at the weekend and stumbled across a stall in a shopping centre with people selling and making jewellery.
It was all so neat, I was desperate to ask them how they made the loop in the long circle end/flat end metal findings so neat.
I chickened out.

I used to be really into fashion design and have 3 folders packed with ideas but since Ive discovered scrapbooking I have been jotting ideas down in a plain page notebook, Im proud to say Im a few pages away from book number 2!!