PDA

View Full Version : Longer knitting needles..

matt.chatterley
28-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Hi folks,

Can anyone suggest somewhere (ideally online, as we are stranded on the lovely island of Jersey), I can buy "longer" knitting needles?

My other half has a set of what I would call "normal" size 4 needles, but she complains they are too short for her to knit properly (she last knitted quite a long time ago, so I suspect the issue is actually that she was just a lot teenier at the time!).

That said, I am sure I have seen "extra long" needles somewhere - but have no idea where. Any suggestions?

And while I'm here! Any good links for sites with funky wool/yarn? :D

goldy1
28-10-2008, 04:10 PM
When you say normal how long ? there are scarf needles or ones that are about 12" then circular that are a piece of flexible plastic with points at each end. These come in various lengths
If it is the 12" ones I have lots of spares.

knitnstitchsue
28-10-2008, 04:13 PM
You could try Nicki's Knitting and Needlecrafts (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Nickis-Knitting-and-Needlecrafts_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZQ2d999QQftidZ2 QQtZkm) on ebay. I've used them a few times, good service.
I think the longest straight needles are 35cm (standard are 30cm) but your OH could try knitting on 2 circular needles, that way she can choose a length to suit her.