PDA

View Full Version : Digital Scrapbook beginner - where to start?

LynnyB
17-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Hello everyone, I'm new here! I have recently started reading up about digital scrapbooking and it really interests me. I have Paint Shop Pro on a 30 day trial and have been following a few youtube tutorials and palying around a bit with some free downloads. I love it!

Ok so I have a few questions for those who do this as I seem to have problems finding this out on the web. I want to make a bit of a photobook with all the photos of my hen night. I have downloaded a Moulin rouge kit (the theme of my hen night) to use. In Paint Shop Pro, what size page should I be using as a 'standard' scrapbook? Also, how many pages do you do for a normal scrapbook? Once you've done all your pages, how do you actually go about converting them into a lovely printed book which it what I'd ideally like to do with all my pics. I did originally look online at palces like truprint etc. to make up normal photobooks but I like the idea of digital scrapbooks so much more.

I'm sorry if my questions are silly, I seriously have no idea but am dying to learn.

ladyrat
17-10-2008, 12:11 PM
I'm new to this lark myself and have put smilebox onto my computer.

8x8 or 12x12 inch seem to be the standard sizes and my album came with 10 covers in it which seemed a nice minimum amount.

ladyrat
17-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Also there is a lot of stuff on youtube!

LynnyB
17-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Thanks ladyrat, I found some great tutorials on scrapbooking with PSP on youtube and it was that that got me moving...OK, as I mentioned I had a Moulin rouge hen night and have some great photos. So yesterday I bought a Moulin Rouge kit and started making up a title page using the backing paper and embellishments etc...

But, say when I'm finished - when I have created as many pages as I want, how can I print them into a photobook? Can the whole page be saved in jpeg then used to print using photobooks with companies like truprint/jessops etc? I just don't get how you can print them into lovely books - like when you create photobooks

edenworkshops
17-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Can you not select print from within the software you are using?

I do not know the software personaly, but if it is intended that you should be able to print books with it, then somewhere you must be able to select "print".

It is often the case that this function is situated in the top left hand part of the task bar.

Richard

LynnyB
20-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Think I finally found my answer on a website where someone said you could save your work in jpeg and then use a normal photographers which offer photobooks to print them...thanks for everyones answers

Steffi
20-10-2008, 04:05 PM
If you take a look at ukscrappers they have a digital section and some very helpful people there. :)

LynnyB
21-10-2008, 09:22 AM
Thanks Steffi - I registered there but now can't get on from my work comp...oh well!