PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

teallach
14-10-2008, 08:29 PM
I know this topic has appeared a few times already but I can't find anything that deals specifically with the problem I'm having.
Basically, I am putting a jewellery workshop in my garage. At the moment, I have Buildings insurance with one provider and contents with another. Now, when I phoned the buildings one up the other day to ask if I could extend the cover to what I was doing in the garage, they said that they wouldn't be able to cover that and I had 14 days to organise a policy with someone else....charming:mad: I've since tried a few other companies, none of which can help and have given me other telephone numbers to try.
Firstly, will I need to have building, contents and business cover all supplied by the same company? I'm thinking this might be the easiest solution. Then, for those of you who have workshops in your garages, which companies have insured you and did you have any problems?

Floobynooby
14-10-2008, 10:05 PM
You wont need to have all of your covers provided by the same company, it would be easier, but may not necessarily work out cheaper. You should be able to do a comparison on money supermarket or a similar site to get an idea where to start looking.

This may help if you don't know what types of cover you need. http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/logicToolStart?type=BLTTOOL&itemId=1077722976&r.l1=1073858799&r.l3=1075196424&r.l2=1074298750&r.s=e

teallach
14-10-2008, 10:52 PM
I know what cover I need, the problem is that as soon as you mention jewellery, they don't want to know...very frustrating