PDA

View Full Version : Sew Hip!

GonetoEarth
11-10-2008, 07:58 PM
It's here... and it looks as good as it sounded.

purplemac
13-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Ohh, what's it like? My local borders is a 14 mile round trip on the bus so it would be good to know before I go!! (I don't need an excuse usually!!)

Debbie

GonetoEarth
15-10-2008, 05:31 PM
It's out in the shops Octboer 31st, so don't go just yet. I blogged about it. There's needlebooks to make, an easy quilt, a couple of bags, one felted. Some patterns for childrens clothes; bloomers. There's a lovely little cat from LucyKate Crafts. Cushions, which includes printing you own fabric (should you wish too) and interviews with designers like Amy Butler.

I enjoyed it and I also like the fact that it's inspiring my 11 year daughter to want to have a go to.

I wonder if you'll be tempted.......

ladyval
05-11-2008, 07:24 PM
I like it too, its a really modern magazine and shows promise.:)

saraeden
05-11-2008, 08:37 PM
I got my copy at weekend and i like it :mf:

ickle pickle
06-11-2008, 06:14 PM
Do you know where it is on sale? as with Christmas coming up I can't commit to a sub.

saraeden
06-11-2008, 08:27 PM
I got my copy from Borders :mf:

kittykent
09-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Just picked up my copy in the local post office. Love it! It's fresh & full of stuff I want to make. Can't wait for next months now:)

NorthernChancer
09-11-2008, 11:45 AM
love your shop gonetoearth, what is this a new mag???

ickle pickle
11-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Hi Sam :D

Yes it's a new sewing magazine. The first issue is out in the shops now :D

GonetoEarth
15-03-2009, 01:45 PM
What do you think to this magazine now it's been going for a few issues?

Apple Tree Crafts
29-03-2009, 12:13 PM
.....I've bought myself a year's subscription because supply is erratic in my area. I've also bought a cardboard magazine file to keep my issues in.

As with all magazines, some articles are great, some don't apply to my needs. From the point of view of getting people sewing, I think it's brilliant. I've only used the free toddler's smock & knickerbocker pattern so far to make clothes for my great niece. The pattern was easy to use, but I'm not a novice and can spot any mistakes in the patterns easily. They do need to edit the patterns more thoroughly.

For me, it's the fact that I can see what's trendy that's the magazine's biggest attraction. What colours are hot and what's not. It's very inspirational too - I've now got a lovely collection of 'selvedges' (the edges of fabric with the designers & printer info on) to make into different things. I used to just discard them, but they really are quite attractive, usually with rows of coloured dots or shapes showing the complete range of colours used to make up a particular fabric design.

Overall, it's well worth the 35 per year subscription fee for me. If you aren't that into sewing then you can flick through each month's issue in the store before buying to see if you'd use it.

Jules

KirstyFish
05-04-2009, 08:28 AM
I have high hopes for this magazine but there have been many errors in it so far that need sorting.
I hope it continues to grow and manage to keep 'modern' and contemporary... some of the photography is a bit 80's!!

... we'll watch their space hey?

sparklyshoes
24-11-2009, 03:36 PM
I love it compared to some of the other magazines out there, but then my tescos are overrun with the sun and not so much in the way of other decent mags.. alas