PDA

View Full Version : fetes/parties

keekie22
11-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Hi All

I did my 1st fete last night and did very well but I now have 2 questions to ask:

1: How do you all book your christmas fetes/find them, i have rang round my local schools etc but seem to have hit a brick wall now.

and 2: i have been asked to do a jewellery party alongside a bodyshop party from a customer last night but not sure how to go about it as in giving the host something for hosting, and what to do whilst there etc.

could anyone help me on both questions.

thanks Keekie

Fluffy Squirrel
11-10-2008, 02:12 PM
We held our first card and candle party a couple of weeks ago after a lot of research and I have to admit that it was far more successful that I could have hoped for.

There have been discussions on another forum which I'm a member and here is the post I made prior to our party...

Hope this is some help to you.

Laura x

Well, as we've all been thinking about holding card parties over the last few months, I've been doing lots of research into this and spoken to a friend who used to be an Ann Summers rep and has provided me with lots of great advice and ideas. I thought I'd add it to the "craft help" section so that hopefully other people can benefit from Sammie's help and hopefully we can all help each other with getting things off the ground http://www.twiddleys.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The first thing which Sammie asked me about was invitations for the party host to send out to his/her friends and family... this was something which I hadn't even thought about!!! I have now... below is an idea of what I've come up with so far which will not only show the details of the organised party but also a bit about what we do and what will happen on the night, together with contact details for anyone wishing to book a party of their own in the future.

Our invitations will be printed onto A4 card folded in half with our description on the front and the party details inside.

RAFFLE/TOMBOLA
We were considering the idea of a raffle but have been advised that tombola's are usually more of a success at these events, on average taking around twenty prizes, but making sure it's non-perishable items which can be kept for future parties if not won on the night. The recommendations we had were to charge 2 per ticket and have one "good" prize of around 3-4 value with the rest of the prizes at say around 1 each... also tombola prize idea was a gift voucher for our products.

A 2.50 gift voucher which can be spent at the NEXT party the customer attends which would either get repeat custom at future parties or they could pass the voucher to a friend thus recommending our products.

LOYALTY CARD
A loyalty card scheme has also been suggested... for every 10 the customer spends they receive a sticker (or similar) on their loyalty card and when they have collected five stickers they receive a free gift to show our appreciation for their repeat custom... eg. a bottle of wine.

PARTY HOSTS
On the evening the host of our party will receive a small gift as a thank you together with a 10% discount on any items which they purchase on the night.

gemwaithdebbie
11-10-2008, 02:56 PM
I held my first Jewellery party a few months ago and it was a huge success. I arranged my first one at my house, invited people I knew and their friends, and work colleagues. I held a raffle with 3 prizes, and I had a lucky dip with things that I had created.

I offer a 15% discount for hosts and a bottle of wine for parties of 10 or more.

I have also hit a brick wall with regards to craft fair and venues!

Good luck with everything

beckyboo
11-10-2008, 04:19 PM
I can't really give any tips on jewellery parties as I havn't done any yet,I really need to find the time to do some ( well apart from selling to a friend and her relatives on the way back from a fair)
As for the Christmas fairs etc it really is a case of searching the net,local papers,constantly checking this section of the forum and word of mouth from other crafters,do you have a local craft shop ? ,they might know of some.Some garden centres have craft days it is worth checking with them.
Good luck :)

specialgirl7876
11-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Hi
I used to be an Avon rep and ran a loyalty scheme, which was really popular. I gave a sticker for every 5 spent and a free gift for very 8 stickers. Customers often rounded up their orders to get a sticker or get to their next free gift. I also did prize drawers where every order over 10 went in the "hat" and there were three prizes, usually a 20 voucher for a high street store, a product goody bag and a gift voucher to spend with me. Again, customers always commented how nice it was to get something back.
I'm sure these could be applied to party/regular customer orders whatever your craft.
Hope that helps.
Fran

keekie22
12-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Hi

thanks for all the help, I am trying to put some things down on paper now as I have a party booked off the back of the ladies night i did on friday.

good luck everyone with all you do

silvermaid
12-10-2008, 02:29 PM
The WI or ladies groups very are often looking for people to give talks at their meetings. So if you could talk about gemstones, design or re-stringing old necklaces they may be interested. Farmers markets often have spaces for craft stalls as well.

Melanie

Daisy & Me
12-10-2008, 10:00 PM
I had some jewellery at a party on Friday night, and had put in a hostess gift with the box.

However, the girl who was running the party (I wasn't there in person) told me that several of her "ladies" who hold parties regularly have asked if they could get a cash gift instead. So we worked it out and the hostess now gets a % of the sales.

In this credit crunch we're going through, I thought it was actually quite a good idea - but it won't be to everyone's liking.

PaulineR
12-10-2008, 10:59 PM
I started doing Candle Parties about 2 months ago. I printed Invites and order forms using Word. My candles are for sale on teh night as well as orders. I give my hostess 15% on orders over 100 which could mean her order might be free