PDA

View Full Version : most sutible craft for me?

esmae04
04-01-2006, 07:37 PM
hi

well im 18 and a fulltime mum and would like to take up some kind of craft

just wondering if anyone has any ideas on the most sutible craft for me?

nattynetty
04-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Hi and welcome :D

Are there any crafts that interest you particularly?

Jewelery making is really popular at the moment - maybe one of the many members here that do it could give you more info on it. There's also candles, soaps, knitting, and cross-stitch. I'd personally suggest card-making (because that's my main craft) and I've just started sweet making which I'm really enjoying...as are all my friends :lol:

But careful, whatever you choose I warn you it'll become addictive!

Netty

esmae04
05-01-2006, 12:49 AM
well i like the idea of album making but have only been able to find info on card/scrapbook making

i also need a craft that does not take up much storage

SteveS
05-01-2006, 02:13 PM
Hi, and welcome aboard :) Finding a space-limited craft isn't easy :lol: Albums are just as likely to include lots of bits and pieces, much thhe same as scrapbooks :)

Steve :)

pieceofthepuzzle
21-01-2006, 07:34 PM
probably cardmaking would be best, in our ebay shop we have several start up kits for different crafts, as starting a new craft can be very expensive. Drop us a line if you need any help.

Bea
24-01-2006, 10:28 PM
I think scrapbook would be great because you can do it about your children, holidays, it will be here to stay and will keep your memories on ''paper''... :)

Seahorse
25-01-2006, 09:15 AM
Ditto, you say you are a full itme mum so your kids are a big part of your life.
If you do scrapbooking you can 'catalogue' there life in a really special way.

macaroni
06-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Its has to be Scrapbooking!
I get a lot of busy mums like your self at my classes - you will always have photos of the children and Scrapbooking is a lovely way to document their antics!
Mini Scrapbooks are all the rage at the moment - if you would like any advice please ask!

julie b

beadsbydesign
06-02-2006, 02:09 PM
Another great advantage to card and scrapbooking is that you can do it with the kids too. My daughter regually sits alongside me doing her cards etc. The grandparents love it!!

tjc designs
30-03-2006, 05:38 PM
I have to agree with Steve it is difficlut to have a crafting hobby that does not take up too much room - but if you can be really organised then cardmaking and scrapbooking is a must. And again it is excellent to do with your children which also helps during the school holidays - I love encouraging children to get creative some of my best workshops have been with children! My daughter loves doing it as well as making handmade paper!!!

If you would like any help and advice then please do not hesitate to email and if you need some basic tools and accessories then check out my site www.tjcdesigns.co.uk I also have a competition running at the moment (no purchase necessary) So why not get in with a chance to win 20.00 worth of products which would help get things rolling for you.

Good luck with whatever you decide :)

Happy Crafting Wishes

Traci x

ross
02-04-2006, 02:20 PM
Hi - what about the yarn crafts - knitting - crochet takes up very little room - with these you can make garments - toys - quilts - (crochet in particular can be stuffed into a pocket when going out) - both will take just the yarn needed and the hook or needles no need for cutting - gluing - sewing ( apart from minimal) for dolls and toys odd balls of yarn needed ditto for say crazy patchwork quilts - cloths hats gloves socks jewlery etc the list goes on - if money is tight charity shops often sell odds of yarn and places like ebay are always selling odd balls - give it ago great fun

ross

Craft Cellar
06-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Thats a tough question. there are so many out there to choose from. Maybe take a look through one of the craft mags out there like craft beautiful etc and see if there is anything that appeals. Then go for it. Good Luck