PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone sell ACEO's at craft fairs?

swirlyarts
08-10-2008, 08:13 PM
I sell mine online at the moment and I was wondering if anyone sold theirs at fairs and if so do they sell well. I'm thinking of marketing them as affordable mini artworks (or something like that!) and selling the fact that they are mini original artworks. I'd love to hear what people think/how if went if you have done this and also I'd love some display ideas as they are so small!

Pagan
08-10-2008, 08:15 PM
well as my next question is going to be

what's an ACEO? I guess I dont :D

so..................what is an ACEO?

pixiedoodles
08-10-2008, 08:26 PM
ACEO stands for Art Cards Editions and Originals, they are collectable miniature works of art created in any medium always measuring 2.5 x 3.5 inches, They can be collected in an album to browse and enjoy, these pocket sized pet portraits look wonderful framed too.

Originally called ATCs Artist Trading cards, they were swapped amongst the art community to show samples of work but never sold. ACEOs are for sale to the public which provides a great opportunity to collect original artwork and limited edition prints at an affordable price by many talented artists out there, not only fun to collect they could also be a good invest

Taken from http://commissionworks4pets.com/art-cards.php :mf:

Caroleecrafts
08-10-2008, 08:26 PM
I think an ACEO is an ATC 'Artists Trading Cards', just guessing so may be wrong.

Ifor-Jones
08-10-2008, 08:27 PM
well as my next question is going to be

what's an ACEO? I guess I dont :D

so..................what is an ACEO?

oooh - so relieved to see someone had asked that question, as I was going to have to show my ignorance too!!!

Caroleecrafts
08-10-2008, 08:27 PM
OK so ACEO's can be sold, now I am clear.

Pagan
08-10-2008, 08:33 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaah, thank you :D

swirlyarts
08-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Sorry - should have been more clear. ACEO's are the sellable versions of ATC's which are Artists trading cards. Mini works of art basically!

ms_mandy
09-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Hi There,

I do display some ACEOs / ATCs for sale at Fayres, although they are not as popular and easy to sell as they are on the net. But people do like them and they attract alot of attention to my stand. I display them on a wire stand that they slot into.

swirlyarts
10-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Hi There,

I do display some ACEOs / ATCs for sale at Fayres, although they are not as popular and easy to sell as they are on the net. But people do like them and they attract alot of attention to my stand. I display them on a wire stand that they slot into.

WOW - I can see why yours attract lots of attention as your work is gorgeous! I'll take some of mine along and see what people think of them :)

ms_mandy
10-10-2008, 08:56 PM
WOW - I can see why yours attract lots of attention as your work is gorgeous! I'll take some of mine along and see what people think of them :)

Thank you so much!! Good luck I hope you do well with them.:jump: