PDA

View Full Version : designer fragrances help needed

rhulme
04-10-2008, 04:45 PM
can any one tell me where i can get ******** london & magnifique lancome and a christine agianla ( i know not spelt properly)
fragrance oils from as i have a order for xmas and they will have it in soap, shampoo, salts, shower gel, bathbombs would say a basket for 30 if not more each
please help me find them

Poppy4lee
04-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Are these the 'smells like' fragrant oils that you're looking for? Do you know the makers name for the oil you had tested? The only problem would be that, if you find a different supplier, the composition of the fragrance may differ from the one you hold the safety certificate for.

astleysoapco
04-10-2008, 06:51 PM
I would be very very careful with this. Smells like fargrance are ok unless you start to get into shops etc....

Why dont you invent your own fragrance, instead of getting a fragrance that smells like......

rhulme
04-10-2008, 08:56 PM
hi yes "smells like" is what i am after. i have a public lib that covers me for all my soaps and i ahve it in writing. the only thing with inventing my own is not what my customer has asked for though thanks for the tip

Poppy4lee
04-10-2008, 11:13 PM
i have a public lib that covers me for all my soaps and i ahve it in writing.

Unfortunately, public liability insurance is not sufficient to comply with the law. In the United Kingdom, if you wish to sell your products you must comply with the Cosmetic Products (Safety) Regulations 2004.
It's really important to have a Safety Assessment of your recipes and your end products. This needs to be carried out by a suitably qualified person who will expect you to provide some or all of the following information.

The main recipe (s) you will be using. Include the ingredients, percentages used, supplier information etc.
Fragrances: a statement is usually required from the supplier confirming they conform to IFRA guidelines.
You may be asked about GMP (good manufacturing practice), and how you will make your products, in what environment and whether you understand the importance of the Product Information File (PIF) and traceability.
Have a look at the link below, it's the DTI guidance on the implementation of the regulations governing cosmetic products. http://www.berr.gov.uk/files/file25422.pdf (http://www.berr.gov.uk/files/file25422.pdf)

Lomond Soap
04-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Hi
Have you tried sensory perfection?
Not many dupe types in UK grade but plenty in US grade. If you really like them and NEED them you could get them made for you via carvansons
HTH