PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone feeling Christmassy yet?

Seahorse
08-12-2005, 05:57 PM
The 'different/expensive' food has been bought, the decorations are being thought about, Ive heard a couple fo Christmassy songs but I dont feel christmassy yet.

Does anybody?

liz15a
09-12-2005, 12:11 AM
I'm certainly not - mainly due to not having a full time job anymore so no parties planned or people to talk about Christmas with. Been making my xmas cards last couple of days which has put me more in the mood (got a bit carried away and have made about 50!!) but its definitely going to be wierd for me this year.

Incidentally what do you do for a living seahorse? You always seem to be crafting whilst at work!!!

raspberrybloom
09-12-2005, 09:41 AM
I am not feeling in the festive mood either. But hopefully it will kick in this weekend when I go shopping and put up the Christmas tree!

Lou

Seahorse
09-12-2005, 10:01 AM
I work at a small independent maintenance company answering phones(the owner and manager are frinds of mine), they just basically need someone here all day during working hours so engineers can phone in, its so quiet a good 95% of the time, other times (but very rarely)its busy for 3 hours non stop.
Ive been here 3 years and Im still waiting for them to give me work to do, but as they dont give me any I have got into craft and bring it to work so I dont waste the 8 hours Im here.

Talked with parents last night, seems decor is going up next week!!Im also going t spend a small fortune on a website to get prezzies so i may feel christmasier after that.

0103media
09-12-2005, 11:15 AM
I wish I felt chrismassy... :(

Split up with my girl friend of 6yrs last w/e :cry:

Going to be an odd xmass for me...

liz15a
09-12-2005, 11:27 AM
oh blimey thats not good - I hope you are ok (I know you probably aren't but we are all here to cheer you up and sympathise with you)

0103media
09-12-2005, 11:39 AM
Thanks....

Anyone know an good house mates with a spare room in london :D

nattynetty
09-12-2005, 12:18 PM
Poor you, not nice at the best of times :cry: sending over a big hug :)

0103media
09-12-2005, 12:46 PM
:oops:
Thanks.

GypsyKate
09-12-2005, 04:22 PM
It's doesn't feel Christmassy at all to me yet.

Mum's coming over to help put up the tree this weekend and then I'll wrap all the presents i have bought so far - maybe it will feel more like it then? :D

Seahorse
09-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Theres hardly any chrissy songs on the radio, in fact I dont think Ive heard 1.

To make up for it my friend whho lives down the road is one of those people that plasters th ehouse in lights.Chimney to driveway, all lights, it looks fantastic!!!!

nattynetty
09-12-2005, 06:04 PM
I won't feel Christmassy until Thursday when I go for my first Christmas get-together of the year.

Me and some old school friends always meet up for a meal and to exchange pressies and cards and consume a bottle of wine or six. We've been doing it for about 8 years so it's a bit of a tradition now and always signals the start of Christmas :D .

As we're getting older - all hitting the big 3-0 this year - we tend to see each other less often so it's so nice to catch up with everyone and hear their news. Usually spend the night crying with laughter as we reminise about the good old days before we started settling down (God, how OLD do I sound?) :roll:

Can't wait, roll on Thursday...

stillscrapping
09-12-2005, 10:15 PM
I feel quite Chrismassy!!! In past years when I have been working full time I have always been too busy to enjoy Chriostmas. This year it is soooo different!!

I put my tree up on the 1st. I have made all my cards (150), bought most of my presents and have been out for 3 Christmas lunches already!!

It is also my 50th birthday today and I feel great. I have had a brilliant day and am having a party tomorrow night!!

KarismaKandles
11-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Happy bithday for friday sorry only just catching up on posts after about 2 weeks away franticly making candles for shows and parties.

Am not feeling as christmassy as normal but hopefully I will soon as kids are putting up tree as I type this.

Think it is cos been so busy havent had time to do much shopping only got first pressies yesterday in between a show in the morning and a party on the night.

deb :P

The_Gnarled_Branch
12-12-2005, 12:24 PM
Over where I am in Ontario, Canada it's rather cold and there's a fair amount of snow.... alot of the gifts i'm giving this year are handmade so
it should be a special year this year....since its less materialistic and more
thoughtful and meaningful rather than maxing out the credit card.