PDA

View Full Version : Had a brilliant day!

lauralou1601
28-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Ive just got back from the preston craft fair today, and it was fabulous! Although business wasnt that good, we think it was becasue the roads were closed becasue of running and cycling races, but there was a fabulous choir, a drum band, and the absolute highlight of the day..... a french man and a spanish man on unicycles, singing a song to my friend linzi! The spanish man a had a pink eukalali and the french man had...... a kazoo! Even thought we still made a loss, I had a brilliant day and will deffinetly be going back next month! Anyone else do any craft fairs today?

woodtattoos
28-09-2008, 05:49 PM
I've never heard someone so happy despite making a loss! Glad you had a good time!

Si. :D

Steffi
28-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Sounds like you had a great day even if the sales weren't that great, theres always next time.:)

lauralou1601
28-09-2008, 06:05 PM
oh i just had a brilliant time! Everyone was so nice, and the other stall holders were so talented! Even though it was a loss, it was the most succeful stall iv ever had, and the stall was 3 times what we thought, so we didnt bring enough stuff either. I cant wait till next month now! Im too excited im using too many exclamtion marks!

sherrielinda
28-09-2008, 06:30 PM
well done you & good luck for the next one.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've used a few for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lauralou1601
28-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! Thanks sherrie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! Exclamation points rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

janetdc
28-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Good for you. Being a glass half full type of person I have enjoyed fairs which haven't gone too well for me but if you look at the bigger picture there is always something or someonne that makes the day worthwhile. Oh and here are a few spare exclamation marks for your collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look after them!!!:D

Cazpanda
29-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Sorry you didn't do too well, I usually know the feeling but I had a successful day at the Ironbridge Heritage Festival, I think the fab weather helped! Despite starting at 10am & I didnt sell a thing till 2pm I then did well till I left at 6.30. At least you had a fun day, I didnt actually get to see any of the entertainment in Ironbridge which I believe was very good.

Tip Top
29-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Well done!! Well, glad you enjoyed it!

I was at a kids birthday party at West View Leisure Centre - so not that far away!!:D

woodenlady
29-09-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm glad that you had a great day but why give an organiser money to stand at an event? Wouldn't it have been cheaper just to visit. The object of running your own business is to make money not lose it!
Woodenlady

beckyboo
29-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Shame you made a loss but glad you had a lovely day

with foresight we would all only attend the events that are sure to make us huge profits,sadly until somebody invents a time machine to show us which events these are we have to do what every other crafter does ...........
trial and error and always keep chuffing smiling !!

silvermaid
29-09-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed your day, I always enjoy craft fairs even if I don't make money. Sometimes I get a sale another time because they have seen my work at a slow fair.
If it's really quiet I usually have time to make a few more bits without any distractions and it's always nice to meet new people. As Becky said you never know who is going to come through the door or how much they will spend.

Melanie

lauralou1601
29-09-2008, 06:06 PM
I did sell a few things, just not quite enough to cover the cost of the stall. Anyway, it was good. A lot of people said they liked our stuff and we told them we would be back next month with more stuff and they said theyd visit again then. Glad other people had fun though!