PDA

View Full Version : Christmas stockings!

lucyjaneward@hotmail.co.u
28-09-2008, 01:23 PM
I am trying to find the right material to make Christmas stockings, does anyone have any suggestions as all I have been able to find is fluffy felt but I want some really nice feeling material?

Has anyone found this a problem?

Many thanks and look forward to hearing from you soon

Lucy

P.s what colours would you go for as well?

PeggyCrafts
28-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Hello,
I think you could do with some synthetic felt as that's less fluffy and more 'stiff' for want of a better word!?

Alternatively you could try heavier fabric eg. curtain fabric.

Or quilted fabric with a wadding inside?

I'd go for red & green - very Christmassy :)

Hope it helps

Helen

Caroleecrafts
28-09-2008, 02:37 PM
I use ordinary quilting fabric and use the quilters dream wadding for mine, lining with plain cotton.

If you want quilted try efabrics (http://www.efabrics.co.uk) they have a large variety, also for plains, Christmas and felt

Emmalou
28-09-2008, 03:58 PM
I made my kids xmas stockings last year out of sheets of felt I bought in a craft store. I went for red,green with gold because I'm a traditionalist but quite a few people asked me to make some for their kids that would tie in with their xmas decs and I ended up making green,red,gold,silver,lilac,blue and a few other colours. I would make quite a few in the usual green,red and gold but I would also cater for other tastes or else you could end up alienating some buyers.

Good luck in your search!

saraeden
28-09-2008, 05:39 PM
They have some nice felt in the Fent shop its not far from you !! I use their felt for lots of projects and it sews really nicely :mf:

silvermaid
28-09-2008, 07:41 PM
How about fleece it doesn't fray either.

Melanie

lucyjaneward@hotmail.co.u
29-09-2008, 09:18 AM
I never realised that fabric shop was in Macclesfield but I will definetly be going to have a look, it so hard to find good shops for fabrics these days that are close and are not to expensive.

Many thanks again

Lucy :)