PDA

View Full Version : Fab bead shop, London.

Seahorse
05-12-2005, 10:13 AM
Cant remember the name of it but I went to a fabulous bead shop in London(Beak St, just off Carnaby ST)last week.

After walking from Paddington for what seemed like an eternity(as it was raining)I finally found it.
It had a load of beads, plastic sew ons,feathers, finding etc, then I turn around and under the counter were the SWAROVSKI!!!!!!!!!

Oh how it glistened and sparkled at me, they called me closer, calling me like Sirens, after a long time dawdling I ended up spending 42 on stones and findings!!

Alot of money, it came to 36ish pounds but then they add on VAT which was another 6, a bit of a shock but well worth it as they make me happy and Ive been after things like that for ages.I see them on ebay or bead sites but never make myself buy them.

Il post the address when I get the info from the car.

Seahorse
05-12-2005, 11:37 AM
Taaah daaaaa

Im back-

20 Beak Street
London
W1F 9RE
Tel-020 7629 9964

www.creativebeadcraft.co.uk

Hellflower
01-03-2008, 01:50 AM
If you like the bead shop in Beak Street then you would adore the Bead Shop near Covent Garden. I frequently go there on my trips to London but don't manage to come away without spending over 100. The shop is in Tower Street and you can find it's website on the net.

If your ever in Brighton the Brighton bead shop in Sidney Street, at the top of "The Lanes" is worth a visit - again I can't get away from there until I have spent loads of money. I am buying wholesale though in large quantities.

Hellflower

lauralou1601
01-03-2008, 09:52 AM
That gives me the perfect excuse! I need a weekend in London now. hehe!

*karen*
03-03-2008, 08:22 PM
If you like the bead shop in Beak Street then you would adore the Bead Shop near Covent Garden. I frequently go there on my trips to London but don't manage to come away without spending over 100. The shop is in Tower Street and you can find it's website on the net.

Hellflower

I love the Bead Shop at Covent Garden. I went there just before xmas and spent a fortune but it was well worth it. I made all of my family and friends presents using the beads from there. Definately worth a look if you're ever in London.

ARI
09-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Guys,
if you come to London for bead-shopping I can tell you there are other bead shops in the Covent Garden area..one is in Neal Yard, off Neal Street,
and it's called Bead Aura. They have good price on seed beads and loads of bargains on different things (sometimes on findings,sometimes on beads,etc).Some of the things they sell are nice.There's also another shop just off Leicester Street,small but again,sometimes you find really nice things.I think it's the "sister"shop of the Bead Shop off Covent Garden.
In the Kingley Court (it's basically a shopping centre located in a nice Court,worth a visit!),just off Regent Street/carnaby street, there's a very nice shop (expensive,though, but worth it when it comes to "precious" items like swarosky &co.,as they look of good quality).Can't remember the name but it is on the 2nd or 3d floor of the Shopping Centre.
Finally I found a shop on the web,it's located just opposite Kentish Town tube station ; I haven't been there yet but it looks stuffed with lots of things, so they probably have a bit of everything.Just be aware that it may be closed on weekends (it is surely closed on sundays).
So..enjoy your shopping!!;)
If I find all the links I'll post them for you..and pop in for a coffee or tea, if you're around!!
xxAry
(maybe I should quit my job and just start a business as a tour guide..at least for craft-shopping..??)

ARI
09-08-2008, 12:00 PM
[quote=ARI;111065]Guys,
"just off Leicester Street"..

Sorry, Leicester Square!!:p
Just back from holidays, still dumb...

ARI
09-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Here we go..:

http://www.beadaura.co.uk/ (Neal Yard, off Covent Garden)

http://buffysbeads.com/ (Kingleys Court,off Carnaby Street/Regent Street)

http://www.londonbeadco.co.uk/ (Kentish Town tube station)

Blooming Felt
09-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Beading is certainly getting very popular in the UK. I was in Smith's this morning and couldn't believe the number of different magazines they had with regard to beading. There were at least 5 - 3 of them were US mags, but even so, I was very impressed ! It seems to be getting as popular as scrapbooking, not that I'm in to either of these crafts, but at last, the UK seems to be cottoning on the fact that there is a BIG craft community out there that they need to cater for.

sunrise
09-08-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm going to Brighton in a few weeks
what are the prices like in the bead shop there
we're hoping to go to the big bank holiday market there as well they have a good card making stall there

Amethystjewellery
09-08-2008, 04:35 PM
I order quite a lot of my supplies from the Brighton Bead Shop, but I have not actually been there! The customer service team are brilliant and their prices are very reasonable..... I recommend them:D