PDA

View Full Version : Organising a craft fair - tip and advice

raspberrybloom
25-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Hi

After struggling to find craft fairs in my local area (cambridgeshire) I have decided to look into the possibility of organising one myself.

Has anyone got any advice or tips?

Thanks, Louise

YCF
26-11-2005, 12:38 AM
Hi Lousie,

Good for you for deciding to have a go.

I organise fairs in Cheshire/Lancashire and would be happy to share my experiences.

It's not for the faint hearted ...but it can be very rewarding.

I'm busy just now with a fair in Congleton tomorrow, but I'll put something together for you early next week if that's OK.

Regards.
John.
YOUR-CRAFT-FAIRS

raspberrybloom
26-11-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm busy just now with a fair in Congleton tomorrow, but I'll put something together for you early next week if that's OK.

Regards.
John.
YOUR-CRAFT-FAIRS

That would be great thank you John.

I hope you fair goes well.

Lou

jo's hubby
06-01-2006, 09:59 AM
I would be interested in that too John :D

swirlyarts
11-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Oooohh YCF,

I noticed that you said you organise craft fairs in Lancashire - do you come across to the Burnley area? If so I would be very interested.

Cheers

Lynsey

Carlybeads
17-01-2006, 12:40 PM
I would be quite interested in this too actually as I have no craft fairs in my area either.

I dont want to burden you with too much though!

wendy
22-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Hi Lousie,

Good for you for deciding to have a go.

I organise fairs in Cheshire/Lancashire and would be happy to share my experiences.

It's not for the faint hearted ...but it can be very rewarding.

Regards.
John.
YOUR-CRAFT-FAIRS

Do you have a website or a list of your fairs somewhere? Might be interested.

JABBY
22-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Hi Wendy. I stand to be corrected on this one, but I think you will find that John at YCF, stopped doing craft fairs after the Congleton fair.

I did the Congleton fairs he organised, and at the last one he was talking about taking a different route to fame and fortune.
A shame really as he put on a very well organised craft fair, and put an awful lot of work into them.

cheers
John
www.jbwoodcraft.co.uk

katier60
22-01-2010, 03:54 PM
As an organiser of 16 fairs for Sparkles Events this year i am happy to write something up too if anyone wants it. Most organisers have a different way of doing things and a different budget on what to spend on what, but all hope to have the same result! A busy fair full of different crafters and customers.

SNOWF1975
22-01-2010, 05:30 PM
id be really interested in this info too....:)

wendy
22-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Hi Wendy. I stand to be corrected on this one, but I think you will find that John at YCF, stopped doing craft fairs after the Congleton fair.

I did the Congleton fairs he organised, and at the last one he was talking about taking a different route to fame and fortune.
A shame really as he put on a very well organised craft fair, and put an awful lot of work into them.

cheers
John
www.jbwoodcraft.co.uk (http://www.jbwoodcraft.co.uk)

Thanks John

Only just noticed how ancient this thread is. No idea how it was resurrected as it appears to be me who resurrected it, yet I was only looking at recent posts when I did it...:confused::confused::confused:

Edit: Aha: Lightbulb moment. Just remembered there was a spam post above mine. Thought I was going mad for a moment there....

SNOWF1975
22-01-2010, 05:48 PM
ooops. I didnt realise it was an old one either!

Elaine46
17-08-2010, 01:27 AM
Hi Katier60 - I have just recently started looking into the possibility of organising a craft fair in my local area of East London. I am keen to make it an evenful day for both crafters and customer. I would be very grateful for any advice you can give me.

Lilac Moon
17-08-2010, 01:14 PM
HI Elaine welcome to the forum. you would be better starting a new thread of your own. that way people will be more inclined to respond. if we see an old date on a thread we tend to ignore them ..

marie4543
22-08-2010, 09:14 PM
If it's not too much trouble I would be interested in your advice as I am thinking of organising craft events as I cannot find many in my area.
Many thanks :)

Christa
23-08-2010, 12:33 AM
Hi Katier60 - I have just recently started looking into the possibility of organising a craft fair in my local area of East London. I am keen to make it an evenful day for both crafters and customer. I would be very grateful for any advice you can give me.

Hi Elaine - Just wondering which part of east London are you in? It seems to cover such a large geographic area these days :)

castonkeepsakes
09-09-2010, 07:04 PM
me too .. need to know about legal side , re do i need insurances etc