PDA

View Full Version : Body butter really greasy!

GinaT
21-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Hi I have just made 3 different types of body butter, along with the actual butters / oils I have added vit e, beeswax and fragrance / essential oils. Touch wood they are not grainy and they have all set but they seem very greasy. Basically they melt like a massage bar and I am looking for it to be slightly more creamy, something like to consistency of the boots mediterranean or body shop range. Can anyone suggest anything I can do with these please and is it too late for these 3??
Thank you so much!
Gina

Bath-Bomb.Com
21-09-2008, 03:33 PM
You could try softening the butter a little and then whisking it for a while - I make whipped Shea Butter and it's really popular - people have said it's better than Body Shop so I had a sneaky peek in the local BS andnoticed a lot of pretty unnatural stuff in there!

If you want more of a cream type butter you could just mix in some base cream/moisturiser about a 3:1 ratio of butter to cream base.

Hope this helps

astleysoapco
21-09-2008, 03:35 PM
If you have already made them, then yes - too late. Add Almond oil and cotton sead oil. this should do the trick....

Sheabutter Cottage
24-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Body butters come in different forms
oil & butter
water, oil, butter & emulsifier

To make it creamier, you would need to incorporate water.

To make it less greasy, you would need to balance your oils & butters and can also add cornflour.

Some oils are "heavier" than others so you would need to bear that in mind when formulating.

BeanyCraft
06-12-2008, 02:35 PM
OO I would like to make body butters. Do you have any info you could give me on making them for the first time?