PDA

View Full Version : Confess,how much have you spent?

Seahorse
03-11-2005, 03:27 PM
How much have you spent on your craft/hobbies?

I keep trying to convince myself Ive only spent about 1 or 2 hundred pounds but as I sit here surrounded by 2 lots of 50.00 orders and a big box of other crafty stuff i think it may be a tad more.

So come,'fess up?

raspberrybloom
03-11-2005, 04:41 PM
Well, over the last two months I have spent 600 on materials :oops:

But I keep telling myself that's ok because I am going to get back when the online shop is launched.

I have to confess I have never been great with money anyway!!

Seahorse
03-11-2005, 04:47 PM
600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Ecky thump, that must have been like heaven.
If its for a shop then it is definately justified

Makes my 50 look meazley.Hmm, note to self, spend more money on craft stuff.

Good luck, keep us posted.

liz15a
03-11-2005, 05:32 PM
THOUSANDS!!!!! But then again I do run a store so I guess it doesn't really count when its stock does it!

I have the added luxury of so much choice at my fingertips, although I don't get much time to actually make anything! (How ironic!) :(

nattynetty
03-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Same here Liz

But it's a fantastic excuse to buy a new product for yourself...after all how can you advise on something if you haven't tried it out :wink: hubby's given up complaining.

stillscrapping
03-11-2005, 10:32 PM
THOUSANDS!!!!! But then again I do run a store so I guess it doesn't really count when its stock does it!

I have the added luxury of so much choice at my fingertips, although I don't get much time to actually make anything! (How ironic!) :(

Yes, I agree there Liz!! Although I make sure I do some scrapbooking every day. I don't get chance when I have classes or crops to run but I refuse to have all this stash and not play with it!!

Julie

tookiepie
04-11-2005, 06:10 AM
I have spent hundreds on this hobby (card making) Spent hundreds on the last hobby (beaded jewelry making). Hubby adds fuel to the fire by buying me stuff for my hobby. I am often broke, but who cares when I can have so much fun making stuff....

liz15a
04-11-2005, 08:08 AM
Good for you - all hobbies are expensive anyway, if you played a sport like golf for instance you'd spend a fortune on clubs, clothes and fees so its all relative really! My partner spends all his money on his car buying anything and everything for it so its all the same!!

No-one should really feel bad - if we only work to pay the bills and dont spend any of our hard earned money on what we want, life would be a bit dull and pointless wouldnt it?

So Spend away is what I say!!!!

kirstietaylor
04-11-2005, 07:05 PM
I purposely try and not to keep count even though i run a small business through my crafts. I don't care i love it!