PDA

View Full Version : Partners Old Beer Cans!

The 8th Gem
14-08-2008, 10:36 AM
l knew l could find some thing to do withthem if l thought long enough lol
cant add a photo here!! so adding to blog.....8th of the...

indri
14-08-2008, 12:13 PM
They're very clever! What a good use of recycling!

silvermaid
14-08-2008, 01:35 PM
A local shop stocks jewellery made from old biscuit and sweet tins - they are a bit heavier gauge than beer cans and keep their shape well. She leaves the printed pattern on them and just files the edges smooth. The plain gold bases look good as well.

Melanie

For Sale
14-08-2008, 01:57 PM
they look realy good, once the edges are filed and no danger, could earings be made from that to look like cones twirled like the icecream holders, with the pointed end down and made safe?. Quiet fancy trying some :) is it easy to work with?

gypsypunk
14-08-2008, 02:05 PM
they seem cool enough!

woodtattoos
14-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Nice work!

Si.

The 8th Gem
15-08-2008, 08:31 AM
A local shop stocks jewellery made from old biscuit and sweet tins - they are a bit heavier gauge than beer cans and keep their shape well. She leaves the printed pattern on them and just files the edges smooth. The plain gold bases look good as well.

Melanie
hi yep have thought about using something slightly thicker but almost positive my punches wouldn't work on anything thicker...still doing research and trying out stuff with the edges...they are smooth just like knives!! wondered where the red stuff was coming from hehehehe
Suz

The 8th Gem
15-08-2008, 08:35 AM
they look realy good, once the edges are filed and no danger, could earings be made from that to look like cones twirled like the icecream holders, with the pointed end down and made safe?. Quiet fancy trying some :) is it easy to work with?

Hi and thanx please have fun l used paper punches to cut out shapes not sure how long my punches will last doing this though!!...probably read last post so wont repeat but a work in progress at mo as far as edges...let ya know if l come up with anything!
Easy yes just mind how sharp they are!
Suz

sunshine
21-08-2008, 11:48 PM
Beautiful work The 8th Gem:)

nettie
22-08-2008, 12:00 AM
They're really good...I wonder if the edges could be slightly heated/melted, would that work? Love your jewellery btw, don't know if I've looked at it before, gorgeous :)

The 8th Gem
22-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Thanx sunshine thanx nettie....got the bug again and my laptop charger blew up oooops!!...so not been on line much last 5 days so l've been creative with lots of coloured beads...only just started to add the pics to blog...done some wrapped wire n bead dognuts...going to call them 'JEMMY DOGNUTS' hehehe
Off to the Glass Festival Stourbridge tomorrow..want to meet Redhotsal!
Have fun both
Suz