PDA

View Full Version : New on here

Lainey
08-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Hello,

Just wanted to say hello as I am new on here.

I am starting up my own baby knitwear company - I had a little boy last year and gave up work as employer was pretty horrible, plus did not want to work 12 hour days and leave my little boy in childcare all day.

Anyway, thought I would post on here as I am looking for home knitters who would like to knit for me.

Hopefully, I may find some help here.

With best wishes,

Lainey

stillscrapping
08-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Hi Lainey,

Welcome to the forum. Hope your baby knit business goes well. I've been knitting for many years but only do it occasionally now. Hope you find the people you need to help over here.

Julie

Tigger
09-10-2005, 12:55 AM
Hi Lainey,
First off, welcome to the site. Nice to meet you, and what a lovely idea!! I wouldn't want to knit myself for you, as I hate having to stick to a schedule and what someone else wants me to knit, but I have a friend who might be interested. What are your terms? Do you design your own patterns or what? How much do you pay for each item knitted? Do you provide the yarn, and how does that work from a distance? Lots of questions I know!

I also wish you every success in your venture
Love
Tigger
xxxxxxxx

Lainey
09-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Hi Tigger,

Thanks so much for replying.

Well, I have all the patterns - really basic patterns - so for an experienced knitter to knit may be a bit boring as they are soooooooo easy!

Basically, I was thinking I would pay 5 for any item knitted - whether it be a pair of booties, scratch mittens or a jumper.

I would supply all the yarn and would pay for all postage and packaging.

Hope that helps.

With best wishes,

Lainey

stillscrapping
09-10-2005, 04:41 PM
If you pay that sort of money what price are you going to sell them for? A pair of mittens / bootees would not get the same price as a jumper at retail. I can knit a pair of bootees in about 1/2 and hour but a jumper will take me at least an evening depending on the size so I would want to go for the smaller items every time!!

Julie

SteveS
15-10-2005, 10:51 PM
A belated welcome, Lainey!

Steve :)