PDA

View Full Version : Best Acrylic Gemstone Embellishments?

littlenipper
27-07-2008, 12:33 AM
Hi All,:)
I am looking to buy some acrylic type gemstone embellishments
in shapes of hearts, stars, round, square etc
mainly in clear transparent and pearlesant colours

I know there are hundreds of sites to choose from
but I was just wondering if anyone could recommend their particular supplier for best quality, price and service
Thanks,;)
Clare

auntynet
27-07-2008, 12:43 AM
Hi Clare. Sorry to pick you up on this one but could you explain a little better what you're looking for and what you'd be using them for.

I mostly work with gemstones (I make jewellery) and don't really understand what you're looking for when you say "acrylic gemstone" or "clear/transparent gemstone".

I know I sound like a bit of a snob and I'm really not wanting to offend you but gemstones are gemstones and acrylic are not gemstones.

I'd love to be able to point you in the right direction but need more info.

stallfinder
27-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Hi Clare,
I've bought quite a lot of these online from a company called Baker Ross and WH Smith used to sell them quite cheap as well but haven't seen them for a while. They're listed as acrylic gems on the Baker Ross website.
Gail.

littlenipper
27-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi, Auntynet,:D
I am looking for the type used in card crafting (fake gemstones) I know they are not the real thing like the one's you use in your lovely creations.
I would need them with a flat background (silver backed) so I can apply them to wooden plaques and other flat surfaces.
I described them acrylic gemstones as most sellers on the internet seem to sell them under this title,
as I say there are hundreds of sites selling them on the net, It's just hard to find the best service and price sometimes, you can't beat recommendation.
Thanks for any help:)
Clare

littlenipper
27-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Hi Gail,
Thanks for your suggestions, I'll check those web sites out
Clare:)

auntynet
27-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Ok, now I know what you want . . . . I can't help:mf: I know where you can buy lots of beads and stuff but not embelishments.

Maybe I should just butt out!

PS -

Hi, Auntynet,:D
......like the one's you use in your lovely creations.
Clare

Thanks for that - I'll send you the money tomorrow. ;) hehehe.

Sorry if I sounded a bit full on - it really wasn't intended. I really should lay off the hard stuff on a saturday night.;)

nettie
27-07-2008, 08:29 PM
I use a lot of these self adhesive gems on my cards, can I say where I got mine from? A few different places but they are widely available, sparkly, opaque, glittery, real gem look a likes, all stuck on a plastic sheet that you just lift off with either a tweezer or a paper pricker...I'm not quite sure whether I can say as i'm not up to 25 posts yet...

littlenipper
27-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Hi Auntynet,
really no offence was taken, :o
its good to get to know you all and what your craft specialities are.
Maybe I will need the kind of materials you use at some point and I will certainly ask for your help and advice

I'm new here and already I have learned so much and seen so much creativity and inspiration from you all
Keep Chatting! and Crafting!

Regards,

littlenipper
27-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Hi Nettie,
Thanks for your reply,
I don't know wether you can say what your suppliers are,
as I am new too!
I will try to check and find out

by the way (welcome)from me
what do you think of the site?

perhaps anyone else could advise us if new members with under 25 posts can list suppliers?

Thanks all!

Clare

stallfinder
27-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Hi,
I think you could mention the company name but you can't post links until you've got 25 posts according to the FAQ section.
Gail.

nettie
28-07-2008, 06:29 PM
ooh good...well, the create and craft web site is very good, qvc (Dawn Bibby and craft days), but there is a place I found randomly off ebay but I'll have to have a dig around in my boxes to find them...very pretty milky pastel gems, look like pearls, nicely boxed and quick delivery too. I also got bags of ones when Barry and ? were on telly, their bags of flat backed 'buttons' were excellent too. I'll have a look through this week as I'm sure there were a couple of other places too, I've really got itchy fingers now!

goldy1
28-07-2008, 06:33 PM
I also got bags of ones when Barry and ? were on telly, their bags of flat backed 'buttons' were excellent too. Do you mean these guys? http://www.alanandbarryscrafts.com/ I loved them on the telly sooo funny. ;)

nettie
28-07-2008, 07:45 PM
That's them! I had a mental blank...thank you :D

littlenipper
29-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Thanks for your suggestions - I will check them out - I love unusual sparklies and colour effect embellishments to use on my craft projects
if you find any more please let me know:)
be crafty
Clare x

Carol29
30-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Hi I also make cards so I know a little of what you're looking for.

Try www.CardznScrapz.com or www.madaboutcards.com (http://www.madaboutcards.com)

Hope you find what you're looking for.;)

littlenipper
30-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Thanks Carol 29 - I will check them out
Regards,
Clare x:)

nettie
30-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Opened my first box today and found the pearly stones I mentioned...they're from Design Objectives, Wimborne, Dorset...I googled them earlier so they still seem to be there. The single sheets don't seem as cheap as I remember. Mind you on the envelope I've got that they came in, it looks like a qvc or ideal world order number, so I may have got them on there at a cheaper price, as mine are a small box of 10 sheets. The boxes of loose gems seem pretty good value, although on ebay earlier there were bags/sets of 130+ gems for good prices.

littlenipper
31-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Hi Nettie,
went on docrafts web site - really good they have some nice products.
Thanks for that
Regards,