PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Knit?

Tigger
23-09-2005, 12:36 AM
Hi,
Just wondered if anyone else here enjoys knitting? I do. I dont' like knitting garments, cause they take too long, but I enjoy knitting toys, especially from patterns by Jean Greenhowe. I don't consider myself an expert, but enjoy doing it

Does anyone else knit at all and what do you like knitting?

Tigger
xxxxxx

SteveS
25-09-2005, 02:02 AM
Knitted several toys for the kids many years ago (they're all grown up now - the kids, not the toys :lol: ) My wife does the knitting these days (well, she did teach me after all) as I usually can only use one hand :( Don't know that I could ever have said it was a pleasure - except finishing of course :lol: :lol:

Steve :)

Tigger
02-10-2005, 06:35 PM
LOL steve, I find it a pleasure, the thing I don't like so much is sewing up at the end!
Urgh at not been able to use your hand though

Tigger
xxxxxx

Seahorse
06-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Saw this in a paper this morning-

The Knitting and stitching show, Alexandra palace wood green London
Thursday 13th to Sunday 16th October
10am-5pm
All forms of needlecraft, supplies galleries, workshops etc
Tickets 12 on the door
020 86922299 for information

Tigger
06-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Went to that last year Seahorse!! It was MEGA good, but its interesting, most of the knitting stands just sell fancy wool and patterns, the cross stitch stands sell cross stitch (funnily enough!) kits, yarns, needles, stands etc etc, but the best stands are actually the card making ones, there are LOADS of this, how they get to a "knitting and stitching exhibition" I'm not sure, but great to see there.

The exhibition section is also great, seeing some amazing things people have made either knitting or stitching.

Well worth going to, but I suggest a Thursday or Friday, we went Friday, stayed overnight in London, and Saturday too. Saturday was a nightmare, you couldn't get near the stands there were SO many people.

I would love to go again though
Love
Tigger
xxxxxxxx

stillscrapping
07-10-2005, 03:12 PM
I've been knitting since I was 5.......................many years ago now!! Don't do as much now but occasionally something takes my fancy and the needles are clicking again!!

Julie

Tigger
07-10-2005, 04:40 PM
oh cool Julie, what kind of things do you like knitting?

Tigger
xxxxxxx

mich
28-10-2005, 12:36 AM
Hi
I have a 10mnth old baby and I knitted hima cuddle rabbit that was white and blue. It was like the cuddle cloths you can buy in the toy shops and they are actually quite expensive so I was well pleased with myself. I had never knitted before either so I really enjoyed it....and so does my little boy

Mich

Tigger
28-10-2005, 12:58 AM
oh cool Mich, good work!

Love
Tigger
xxxxxxx