PDA

View Full Version : Help needed!

saldig
24-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Hi, can anyone help me. I am just starting out on machine embroidery and have a program called PE Design 7, has anyone used this before or does anyone know where i can find some help or tuition with it?
Thanks
Sally
:)

mummycupcake
24-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Hello and (welcome)

I also do machine embroidery but I don't have the PE design 7, I use PE design lite. What sort of thing are you needing advice with, it might be something that is also on the lite version.

I'm not sure if I can be of much help, I've only had it a few months and I mainly use it to transfer designs off pc on memory card. But I'll help if I can.

I'm limited with time and would rather be making things at the mo. Any pc time I do get I usualy end up on here, it's very addictive, the member are very helpful, so I'm sure someone will come along soon with more experience.

saldig
25-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Hi,
Thank you for the welcome:)
I'm trying to convert photos to embroidery, when i think i've done it it comes up with a note that says there are too many stitches. The embroidery machine i have has an embroidery size of 200x160 so its a fair size, so i cant see why its telling me there's too many stitches.
Any advice is gratefully appreciated.
Sally
:)

Scorch
25-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Maybe your photo is too large, or at too high a resolution, so that when it's converted to stitches, it comes out at 23,000 x 45,000 stitches... or something like that? Perhaps there's a setting to say how fine the detail should be, or something?

Can you tell that I know nothing about this program yet? :)