PDA

View Full Version : NEW ONLINE JEWELLERY SHOP, SHIPS ANYWHERE

lifesdesire
22-08-2005, 10:07 PM
:idea: http://www.freewebs.com/lifesdesire
this site sells a lot of jewellery and is always updating and expanding it's stock so it's a good idea to join to their newsletter to find out new offers and such :)
also with each 10 (in whatever currency) you spend you get a FREE small beaded bracelet :lol: [/b]

0103media
23-08-2005, 05:28 PM
I like it but not 100% sure about the background...

The background might look better being plain... It reminds me of a biochemical danger sign...

Easy to navigate..

:lol:

luvkitty
26-08-2005, 01:38 AM
true, it looks like some sort of hacker site!

Bea
29-08-2005, 10:07 PM
mmm not too keen on the background either... sorry. However it might fit in with the Celtic theme but not with the other jewellery. It depends who you want to appeal to. Your jewellery sets are VERY cheap! Are you using glass beads?

susantin
15-09-2005, 09:55 PM
I would recommend that you dim your background so that it doesn't compete with your products. You can use photoshop to do this. Reduce contrast.

I would also suggest photographing your jewelry on no reflective background like cloth. You can use different types of cloth for different products.

Another suggestion is the move your camera flash from right over the item. Put the flash about two feet northwest of the product. Then use something to reflect the light like two pieces of white foam core board, put this on the south east corner of your products. This will get you better lighting.

Good luck!

destinyUK
13-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Hi, I agree with everyone else on the background, if it was plain then your jewellery would stand out more. Also , if you dont mind me saying......try using a tripod when taking your pics and natural is always best ,outside in the shade works for me....not in direct sunlight. Even inside without a flash works well if its a bright enough day. Its worth spending the time getting your pics right as the saying ' a picture paints a thousand words' is very true!
Wishing you the very best of luck with your venture
Alison

Tigger
13-10-2005, 01:44 PM
I agree with the background thing, not relaxing and plesant to look at, as its too bright. I also felt the photos didn't do justice, some were quite blurry, just didn't have that professional look to the site somehow

Tigger
xxxxxxxx

stillscrapping
13-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Agree with the above. Your photos need to be a lot clearer to show how good your products are.

Julie