PDA

View Full Version : eBid

Laura Lou
23-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Do many people use this site (selling or buying)? I've just signed up and it seems much better than eBay so far... except for the lack of bidders! It seems that although they've been up and running for 10 years they've always been over-shadowed by eBay.

It's a shame really because I think if more people were aware of it, eBid could be really successful - sellers are attracted bcause of the lower fees and buyers can get better bargains.

So what do you think? Any eBid fans? ;)

Laura Lou xxx

Kiamyka
23-06-2008, 10:31 AM
Hiya Laura
I've been a member of ebid for about 2 years. It is more of a Buy It Now kind of place rather than auction so best not to have 99p start prices there :). It is definitely worth a go but you will need to get yourself noticed which means getting active on the forums and of course buying some things to get some feedback and to show you are there to support others on the site. I've bought some good craft bargains there and I noticed there are more bead sellers than there used to be. The Forums are helpful , some lovely people on there but at times it can go mad on the General Chat one and get quite heated and silly. As with any site you have to put a lot of effort into it and I tend to focus my energy on my own site - and erm chatting on forums like this lol

Laura Lou
23-06-2008, 11:28 AM
I agree - I never start my auctions at 99p. I just couldn't risk them selling at such a low price, so I always start at at least 2.50. I guess it might be a bit high but there's usually someone who is prepared to pay. Have you ever tried etsy?

woodtattoos
23-06-2008, 11:30 AM
I'd never even heard of eBid before! I'll have a look when I get a chance.

Si.

creative-spirit
04-01-2009, 05:00 AM
eBid is great, there are a lot more sellers there now and the buyers are beginning to arrive. I know that ebid are beginning a new advertising campaign so you can expect 2009 to be a lot better now.:)
Yes you do have to work at selling on ebid but you have to do that anywhere even feebay now, as one off makers, our stuff gets buried in amongst all the rubbish from china and the BIG listers on feebay so I think that for the small seller, the trip is over with feebay, they dont want you/us anymore so it is better to get in on the ground floor with ebid right now rather than wait. It's inexpensive to sell on ebid, they dont have crappy rules, they look after both the seller and the buyer (like feebay used to do) :confused:so for me it's a great opportunity and I hope more of you take advantage of it.;)

Why not pop over and have a look, click on my signature below.

gigglinggoblin
04-01-2009, 08:37 AM
I have bought some great beady bargains on ebid, probably because the fees are so much cheaper, they must make up at least half of some of the items on ebay.

Was going to ask if you sell often CS but then I noticed your feeedback is 0 so I assume you are new to it. Can you tell how many people are clicking on your items or are there sales not showingon your feedback? You have some lovely stuff :)

Caroleecrafts
04-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Have just signed up, although I have my own website thought this would be a good place for sale items etc and the fees are reasonable, much better than ebay.

Not sure about the shop though, looks like 1.99 per week but if I read it right you can take it offline if you have nothing to sell, so again may be worth it further down the line.

samigail
04-01-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm on ebid - I love it
It's very helpful, easy to use. The forums are great if you get stuck - someone puts up an answer very quickly
I have sold on there too, but it is slow
I got the 49 offer of no more listing fees for life - I paid for that by the monthly subscription route - ie I paid my monthly subscription for a few months then just paid a slight upgrade towards the 49 - your monthly subscription fees counted towards the 49 you see

Snow angel
04-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Im going to give it a go on there and see how things are ;)

Snow angel
05-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Just one thing to ask do you get an e-mail if you sell something on there

samigail
12-01-2009, 09:12 PM
yes, you get an email notification of sale :)