PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with tv

crafty sara
14-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Hi

Is it me or is anyone else getting fed up of all the football that is on ???? Im partner just informed me also on until end of June !!!!!

Sara x
:frusty:

knitnstitchsue
14-06-2008, 08:01 PM
I got fed up with TV months ago, that's why I gave it away last September. Ahhhh, bliss, 9 months of peace & quiet ..... and crafting :D
The only thing I miss is CSI.:(

craftdancer
14-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Is it me or is anyone else getting fed up of all the football that is on ???? Im partner just informed me also on until end of June !!!!!

It most certainly isn't just you. I'm fed up with any football that is on. It's supposed to be a winter game, but seems to go on forever these days. And what is it with showing matches when all the teams are foreign? I really can't understand why anybody would want to have it on at prime time.

I only get four channels (three if the weather is hot and sunny 'cos we lose the signal to one of them) and last week two of them were showing football every evening!!

Ooops!! Seem to have gone into rant mode there! Can you tell I don't like football? :o

Linda

sazzle
14-06-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm so glad my OH isn't a football man, I couldn't bear it. You're right about T.V. being rubbish, I'm spending more and more time browsing with my wii because there's nothing on - I can't bring myself to watch BB this year. x

SusieQ
14-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Yes, I am too!!!!! Bob is a bit fed up as well!! We have just had a bottle of Isla Negra Rose wine - on offer at Somerfields - it is really gorgeous!!! Bob has chosen a realy old film to watch - The 39 Steps It was made in the year 2000 BC I think.!! We videod it ages ago. It is RUBBISH!!!!!!! Bob is ENTHRALLED!!! I am waiting for Hannibal at 10 15 on ITV. At least I know that is worth watching!!!!!! I am a bit tipsy Sarah!!!! :sm:Good luck at the Cheshire Show!!!! Sue xx:D

nattynetty
14-06-2008, 10:05 PM
No not just you - hubby is completely fed up with it all too. Me I love the footie and have to negotiate with him which games I can watch so he's not subjected to footie all evening every evening :p

The Dutch have been just fantastic - my money is on them to win!

steve-bead
14-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Well, im pretty fed up England are not in it - does that count?

SusieQ - 39 steps is a brilliant film, real classic. (Its up there with 'Green for danger' in my book)

Not so sure about Hannibal though - not my sort of film.

All the best

Steve

craftyjan
15-06-2008, 09:54 AM
my hubby not into football we have just cancelled our sky ends on 26th june we realised we didnt actually watch anything that we were paying for and then we keep freeview channels after through our sky box as i tend to watch the craft shopping channel and a few programs on terrestial tv we wont miss it and everything ends up being recycled on different channels anyway we like listening to music so if theres nothing on we will do that will still have cbeebies for my grandaughter and thats all that matters

kalinda
15-06-2008, 05:59 PM
... i tend to watch the craft shopping channel and ...

Craft shopping channel????? That got me interested. Where is that? Is it just local to your location? If so, where do you live?

Sorry about all the questions,
Monica

crafty sara
15-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Craft shopping channel????? That got me interested. Where is that? Is it just local to your location? If so, where do you live?

Sorry about all the questions,
Monica

Hi I think they are on about - Ideal World its channel 22 on my freeview box. They have card making on most days sometimes a few shows a day.

Also QVC channel 16 on my freeview box, do craft showes with Dawn Bibby on a Tuesday 2 - 4 each week.

Both the above also have craft days where they do craftng all day. Also Ideal World have started doing craft weekend.

Sara x

DianeKing
15-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Hi I'm also sick sick sick of football!!! My fella is watching it as I type, and all his family into it so you can imagine our Sunday visits! agh. Ugh I hate it. So glad to hear I'm not the only one:o
diane x

JBJB
15-06-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm lucky that Mr Jelly is not interested in football at all. He does however like formula one, so he watches that every other weekend, and that interest in F1 seems to have transmogrified itself into watchine bikes ..... booorrring!

These are about the only programmes I watch :

Doctors on BBC in the daytime
Mythbusters on satelite
QI on Dave
Top Gear on Dave
Dr Who

And that's about it!

I absolutely refuse to watch Big Brother - haven't watched it for the last 3 years and I don't watch any of the soaps.

Anway, as soon as the football finishes it'll be the start of wimbledon....

..... yawn!

purplesparkle
15-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Oh it's always on here, I don't mind though, keeps him busy while I'm working away lol! :p Either that or the xbox anyway!

auntynet
16-06-2008, 12:10 AM
Definitely not into the football, nor the tennis which starts soon, then there's the olympics.... do the television powers that be think we're all a nation of sports fanatics or something? :mad:

Have to confess to loving BB though, even to the point of watching them all sleep :behindsofa: but it is the only reality tv show that I watch.

OH.... I forgot about X factor but thats not on till later on in the year.

swirlyarts
16-06-2008, 10:26 PM
I don't watch any telly during the week - I'm a radio 2 girl! Occasionally I will watch a dvd but very rarely as I get distracted easily and sit watching instead of crafting. I do watch Dr Who though - we have to record it though and are usually a week out.

flurogoddess
18-07-2008, 03:26 PM
We haven't had a TV for 5 years now and it is fabbu!

I don't miss it at all! The shows I enjoyed were Simpsons and ER but Simpsons is always repeated and I have kinda given up on ever catching back up with ER.

We love Dr Who though, and the hubs' parents record it for us on DVD so we can watch it on the computer.

I am always amused by the TV Licencing letters we get. I dare them to come round one day! They wouldn't be able to find a TV even if we had one since there is so much junk in our bedsit!

Critchley
18-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Football, football, golf and football,
Nothing else to watch.
No soaps, no games,
No famous names.
Just match after match after match.

Soccer. Soccer, Iíll give him soccer.
He can watch it in the shed.
Heís got his beer,
Fags too I fear.
And Iím watching telly in bed.

swirlyarts
18-07-2008, 06:31 PM
I would quite happily go without a tv but Mr Swirl wouldn't and the girls would get annoyed if they didn't have their daily fix of cbeebies. I know - I'm a bad mother :D

edenworkshops
18-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Hello

I live over here in France and we do not have the problem with football saturation that seems to prevail in the UK.

However we do not escape entirely.

We have a depressingly frequent TV show called New Star, something like it was on in the UK a few years ago. The lead up in this TV series goes on for months and we are saturated with sometimes appallingly bad singers night after night.

So, no football, but ugh, those singers.

Richard

Roseberry Crafts
18-07-2008, 08:15 PM
I would quite happily go without a tv but Mr Swirl wouldn't and the girls would get annoyed if they didn't have their daily fix of cbeebies. I know - I'm a bad mother :D

Ditto! I would gladly get rid of our tv too.
No you're not a bad mother, just a normal one! I do find it difficult to keep cbeebies to a minimum. It's too easy to leave it on all day with freeview. When my eldest three were little we only had "normal" telly which meant Teletubbies in the morning and Mopatop's shop in the afternoons! It gave the day a bit of structure but Rose just vegetates for hours if she's allowed to!

My OH has just gone away for four nights and I'm really looking forward to not having the tv on in the evenings. I can sit and sew in peace!