PDA

View Full Version : "T" Fancy Dress Challenge

Ladybenj
10-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Hi All,

Hope you're all well. Here's a challenge that I've been faced with and I hope you can help.

My little boy has to attend a "T" Party day on Friday at school. This means that they can go as anything that starts with a T and ideally I'd like to make this out of recycled items.

Has anyone else had to do something like this before or has any ideas that might help.

Thanks in advance.

Donna x :)

Seahorse
10-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Transformer, made out of boxes?

linz
10-06-2008, 11:21 AM
If i ever have children, I PITY them at halloween/fancy dress occasions.

I would send my small child as a cup of TEA. I'd get an old hula hoop, attatch shoulder straps to keep the costume on. Time permitting, I'd papier mache the rest of the cup, but if not, I'd use fabric, or a white bin bag, to make a tube to hang from the hula hoop. Add a cup handle made from an old cardboard box painted white, and my child would be a mug of tea. Maybe even add a nice floral print to it. make them royal doulton.

If I had another (smaller) child, I'd get a white pillow case, paint dark brown/black dots on it, and a line of black at the bottom, cut arm and head holes and send them out as a teabag, to go with their mug sibling.

Ladybenj
10-06-2008, 12:05 PM
I love the transformer idea but he has to sit around in this all day so I don't think it'd be very comfortable (he did suggest this being four and all).

The teabag idea is fantastic - I'm off to get a white pillowcase tonight - this is such a brill idea I love it.

Thanks so much for your help.

Donna x :D

RosemaryH
10-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Use any old T shirt (any colour) of mum, dad, or sibling and write numbers & signs on it so that it looks like a Telephone - easy, cheap and comfortable for the child to sit around in all day.

Rosemary

Pebbles
10-06-2008, 02:07 PM
I organised a "P" party when I was at high school

We had a principal (head teacher), pimp and prostitute (many!), pea, pensioner, pajamas, I can't remember the others, but it was really fun!

Peter
07-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Now this is going to sound really strange to anyone not following this thread. I have deleted a lot of posts because 'flaming' is not allowed on this forum, 'back seat modding' isn't allowed on this forum, if you have a problem with what you feel may be spam then click on the 'report' button. We have mods for a reason. I wanted to ban the original spammer, thanks to the series of posts following it if I had banned him I would have had to ban existing members. Don't make it hard for us mods, honest, we are good at what we do. ;)

auntynet
07-07-2008, 11:00 PM
You been deleting stuff again Peter??? Hope so cos if you haven't then your last comment don't make any sense at all to me. . . . . but then again I am a blonde. ;)