PDA

View Full Version : Fair.stall question

Seahorse
09-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Ive been invited to do a local fair in September.
The tabel is around 2mx1.5m(give or take)

2 questions.
How many items do you take to fill the table?
If you bought a necklace for 12-18 would you want earrings to go with them?

Rodeo Lady
09-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Cant help as horseshoes are a bit bigger than necklaces ;)
Would consider matching sets as at that time of the year people are thinking about Christmas pressies as well (sad but true)
Good to see you getting out there selling your beautiful things.

Cheers Janice

Tip Top
09-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Take enough to make your table look nice but not cluttered - do the stands at different heights or as stairs to show off your beautiful jewellery at its best. But make sure you have spares so you can replace what you have sold!

And yes, would go for the set idea!

Good luck!:D

silvermaid
09-06-2008, 01:44 PM
I usually make two pairs of earrings that match with the necklace, one larger or fuller and one plain and simple. I price them separately but display them together and usually knock off a quid if bought together.

Melanie

Pebbles
09-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Yep - I have my first fair next saturday and I am planning to have earrings to match all my necklaces, plus some spare ones if someone likes the earrings but doesn't want the necklace.

I think I have a 6ft table, i was planning to take 30 necklaces, 50-60 pairs of earrings, as many bracelets as I can make in the next few days (have 10 at the moment), plus some tiaras, mobile phone charms and other things I have made recently.

D'ya reckon that's enough?

linz
09-06-2008, 04:25 PM
On a table thats 6ftx2ft I display more than 300 items of jewellery (some of them boxed - approx 50 or 60), and honestly, it can still look a bit sparse!

Pebbles
09-06-2008, 05:05 PM
oh!

Well then, i had better speed up my making. Craft fair countdown is on, 5 sleeps (or not any sleep if I have to make that much stuff) to go.

Rodeo Lady
09-06-2008, 06:55 PM
oh!

Well then, i had better speed up my making. Craft fair countdown is on, 5 sleeps (or not any sleep if I have to make that much stuff) to go.

Where are you going .I'm in Glasgow on Saturday ? I'm at Rouken Glen .
It would be really cool if it's the same place.

Cheers Janice

glasskanvas
09-06-2008, 08:47 PM
The few jewellery parties i've done i've made the mistake of putting everything on the table at once. I think when people have too much to look at they don't actually take it all. If you put slightly less on there and focus on making the pieces you do put out as good as possible people will take a lot more notice and then you can just replace as needed.
I also agree that having a few different variations on matching pieces is a great idea-It's a huge generalisation but the slightly older ladies tend to prefer the smaller droppers or clip-ons whilst the longer earrings tend to go better for the younger lot (as I said, a huge generalisation but true in my experience).

Tip Top
09-06-2008, 08:58 PM
And I'd take some of the cheaper priced stuff - mobile charms if you do them and what about some small kits that kids could make up?

Try and do something for all price ranges if you can - but don't get too stressed about it!

And most of all on the day - look like you're enjoying yourself!! And chat to your potential customers - I've had people tell me that they've not bought off that stall over there as they didn't look interested or because they didn't really want to talk!!:D

And I'll talk to anyone!!:D:D If there's a potential sale in it of course!!;)

Seahorse
10-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Thanks ladies

Pebbles
10-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Where are you going .I'm in Glasgow on Saturday ? I'm at Rouken Glen .
It would be really cool if it's the same place.

Cheers Janice

Nah, I am in the Balerno Community Centre - would have been so cool to be at the same one! We coulda got a table next to each other and everything!

Good luck with your fair though Janice, hope it goes well.

I am fairly stressed about Saturday, I am sure it will be alright though :D