PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get your packaging?

ethel&edna
30-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Now I'm seriously working towards etsy-dom I need to source some decent packaging material for the Sillies.

I've received some blog swaps in pink and purple plastic mailers which are pretty cute (tho' not very environmentally friendly), and there's always bubble envelopes or just good old brown paper.

:o It's a bit of a packaging minefield really. Any suggestions of where to go for ideas.....

ethel&edna
30-05-2008, 10:19 AM
OMG!!!

Have just bought a 10metre roll of bubble wrap for 1.04 on ebay!!! Even with 2.99 postage that's a bit of a bargain methinks.

My problem now is where the heck am I going to store it???? My hubbie is going to go MAD :o.

Oops!!

Tip Top
30-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Hahahahha!!!

I use all the jiffy bags play.com or 7 day shop send us.

Not thats particularly helpful!!:D

incywincy
30-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Ebay is probably cheapest OR try here http://www.hazelvalleypackaging.co.uk/shop/
They do pink ones i think?
:p

MrSwirl
30-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Mrs S makes me steal bubble wrap from Asda / Tesco - they use it for their fruit packaging, so when the boxes are getting empty we go round and nick it :)

Swirly also makes her own envelopes for packing her stuff in.

nattynetty
30-05-2008, 04:27 PM
OR try here http://www.hazelvalleypackaging.co.uk/shop/
They do pink ones i think?
:p

Yep they do plus I've always had top class service from them whenever I've ordered from them :)

Bea
31-05-2008, 01:09 PM
I used Jiffy for trees on ebay for jiffy bags (they sell the Featherpost range which I prefer to jiffy), they were cheap and quick.
However I use far more packaging now, including a few sizes of carton boxes and 100's meters of bubble wrap, so I'm using one of the ''bigger names'' now.
If you are self employed, get a trade account with JTF (wholesale shops across the country). They sell packaging cheaply too.

swirlyarts
31-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Mrs S makes me steal bubble wrap from Asda / Tesco - they use it for their fruit packaging, so when the boxes are getting empty we go round and nick it :)

Swirly also makes her own envelopes for packing her stuff in.

I don't make you steal it - and I always tell the nice man that I'm taking it. I'm probably known as Mad Bubblewrap Woman now!! I enjoy making my own envelopes but it's very time consuming - worth it though especially when customers exclaim their happiness at fancy envelopes! If you don't mind re-using jiffy envelopes then try on Freecycle. There are always loads offered on ours.

ethel&edna
01-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Never thought about asking for Jiffys on Freecycle.

As I've got this huge roll of bubble coming now I might have a dabble at making some. Have got some old books from car boots to play with, though not the mountain of magazines like you ;).

Poor Mr S... How could you coerce him into a life of crime? That's taking recycling a bit too far!! :D

Tjobbe - CMWD
01-06-2008, 07:30 PM
My 1st post but saw the thread title and just had reply!

My Dad owns a packaging company who spe******e in small quantities for Crafters in the UK:

The Bag N Box Man - bagnboxman (.co.uk)

Web site is currently being re-designed, worth just signing up for the newsletter for now if you have no immediate need for them.

Pelenna
02-06-2008, 12:56 AM
Hiya,

I use a few different ones, depends on the offers, but two good ones are Viking direct and box-it-in (.co.uk). They both often have buy one get one free offers on mail sacks and mail-lite bubble bags :)