PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

su
02-06-2005, 04:54 AM
Hi to everyone,

Just stumbled across your site on the web when trying to get ideas for selling my cards. I give a percentage to my daughters special school, which as most places is always looking for funds.
I mainly started doing them through being made disabled 8 years ago and being quite ill and so needing lots of rest, this is something i can pick up and put down according to how i feel.
Being in wheelchair i am limited to getting out to do craft fairs so am unsure of the best idea for trying to sell them. Via the web is one of the best ways if it could be done. I do use ebay but just feel that maybe getting my own website up and running could be better.
Anyone with any help on this idea for me would greatly be accepted.

0103media
03-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Welcome Su

nattynetty
13-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Hi Su :)

How about approaching some of the small independant gift and card shops in your area and offer your cards sale or return? If you're not able to go there in person persuade a friend to do it on your behalf. I sold some of my cards this way and you get to know which designs sell well.

As for a website, I have recently set up my own craft supplies website and it can be quite expensive but if you only have a handful of products my husband tells me that 1and1.co.uk offer a shop for only 10 a month - it could be worth checking out. However, the biggest problem is likely to be getting people to know about your website.

Good luck in your selling
Janette