PDA

View Full Version : sticky fabric tape???

RainbowRiver
17-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi
I've just joined this forum with this specific question in mind, not sure if anyone can help?

What I am after if anything exists is some kind of double sided tape for fabric that you could add glitter or foil to? I know you can do it on card/paper, but is there anything for fabric? It would need to be washable too though.

We use tshirt vinyls at work, but don't think there is anything that is sticky, so you could peel a backing off and apply glitter etc?
I have fabric glues, glitter and non glitter, but wanted something flat to use alongside vinyls.
We have glitter vinyl, but it's not as sparkly as glitter itself, if you know what I mean?

I've tried searching on the net and came up blank.
Any suggestions??

Thanks
Yvonne

JBJB
17-05-2008, 02:38 PM
the only thing I can think of is Bondaweb which is supposed to stick two pieces of fabric together. I'm not sure it'll do what you're after though?

RainbowRiver
17-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Hmmm, not sure that would work, would need to be more like double sided tape but in sheets or something? Like that ultra tacky stuff with the red backing, I have some of that for card, thought something might exist?

Might just have to stick with glue in a thin layer maybe?

Thanks though.

JBJB
17-05-2008, 02:53 PM
the only other thing you could do is buy some glitter/sequin fabric and then bondaweb that?

ethel&edna
17-05-2008, 03:41 PM
At college we used to use the Supermend powder with foil leftover from the card making industry. I think both a available to buy pretty widely now.

Sprinkle the powder onto the fabric. Lay the foil on top, then add a layer of baking parchment and iron the whole lot. I'm sure for larger areas or more 'blocky' shapes you could use Bondaweb the same way.

hth?