PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

Pipany
14-05-2008, 03:43 PM
hello, I'm from lovely Cornwall where I live with my partner Dave and our seven children, four ducks and five hens. I run my own small business making a range of textile goods designed by me in my sewing room. I have lurked in the shadows of the site for a while and have finally registered as a member. looking forward to getting to know you all xx

Carol29
14-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Welcome Pipany,

(welcome)(welcome)(welcome)
Where do you get the time for a craft making with all those children and hens?!!!

You'll enjoy it here, everyone so friendly with lots of advice.

Cheers

Carol

ladyrat
14-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Busy lady!! All those children!!!

Hello and (welcome)

janetdc
14-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Hi(welcome)Like everybody else I am impressed that you have a large family and still manage to run your own business. :mf:

Pipany
14-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Thank you both - I am really looking forward to joining in the discussions and getting to know everyone. As to all the kids, well you sort of get used to it. My friends call it the Reality Waltons - not all sunshines and roses but a lot of fun!

ethel&edna
14-05-2008, 04:44 PM
hello, I'm from lovely Cornwall where I live with my partner Dave and our seven children, four ducks and five hens. I run my own small business making a range of textile goods designed by me in my sewing room. I have lurked in the shadows of the site for a while and have finally registered as a member. looking forward to getting to know you all xx

Hiya and (welcome). I think I hate you. Only joking but I am just jealous because your life sounds just like the one I dream of.

It's great to have you on board. :D

Pipany
14-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Honestly, it isn't quite like I may make it sound - sometimes I'm sooo tired, but I wouldn't swap it!
This seems like it is going to be a great place to pop in to, although I might have to be pulled away from the computer sometimes!!!

wyattbean
14-05-2008, 06:14 PM
(welcome) from me too. I'm sure you'll love it here....just be prepared to be on the computer more than you should be!!

Sue

craftyjan
14-05-2008, 07:30 PM
hello and welcome to the forum im amazed you have time for anything with 7 children i thought four was hard work but i loved it when my girls were young and i must admit at the time i was tired but happy now all grown up i have 3 grandchildren now i look after one 2 days a week and find it harder with one than i did with my four as they used to keep each other amused where as i have to amuse my grandaughter

CurlyFries
14-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum!

craftcrazy
16-05-2008, 12:02 AM
hello and (welcome) to the forum, im one of craftyjans kids, how do you manage with 7 children and ducks and hens and your own business. you must be really tired! but living in cornwall theres alot to do, so i suppose you can take them places and let them amuse themselves!! :)

Pipany
16-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Hi Amy. Yeah, I am tired at the moment and it's my youngest daughter's 2nd birthday today so had better find some energy somewhere!!! Unfortunately, Cornwall is not so great when it's wet and today it's pouring - ah well...

Poppy4lee
16-05-2008, 07:43 AM
Hello & (welcome) & tons of admiration from me too :D

Debeadz
16-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Hello and (welcome) from me too!

You're obviously kept very busy :)

Enjoy your time here and your daughter's birthday today! :D

Snow angel
16-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Hello there and (welcome)

PeggyCrafts
16-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Welcome from me too - I'm sure you'll get very addicted to the forum. :) What ages are your children - they are lucky growing up in cornwall it is lovely.

Pipany
16-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Golly first chance I have had to read this today! Thanks for all the lovely welcomes. In answer to the question about the kids' ages - They go from 25 through 21, 19, 18, 12, 10 and finish at 2!!! Three boys and four girls. They don't all live at home now (though you would never know it!) as one has his own place nearby, another lives with her partner further up Cornwall and another is away at Uni doing textiles. They all drift in and out constantly on hols or just for a cuppa so it doesn't actually feel any of them have left!!!

BeadsbyLili
17-05-2008, 09:17 PM
My goodness you've had your hands full over the years ! I bet the littlest one benefits from having so many big brothers & sisters to help look after them !

Hello & (welcome) from me too.

Chris W
17-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Hi,
Welcome from me too, I hope you can relax and enjoy the forum getting enough time for yourself.

Beadservice
18-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum (welcome)

Debbie

ShinySilver
19-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Hi and welcome from another newbie!

Pipany
03-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Oh dear, I haven't even managed to pop in since I joined more than once or twice - so frustrating! Thank you for all the lovely hellos and hello back to all who commented xx