PDA

View Full Version : Starting again!

handcrafted
13-05-2008, 10:42 PM
I used to paint a lot! Its been years since i have done anything though. Does it stay with you? The last thing i did was a lovely acrylics painting of butterflies on thistles (eta - put the painting in an album in my profile) but that was 5 years ago!
I want to start to just paint! Anything! But i know its going to be rubbish!

craftyjan
14-05-2008, 06:29 AM
you dont loose your talent you just need confidents just get your paints out and muck around and till you get the feel for your stroke again before you start a bigger project i have painted on and of since school imnever happy with my paintings i can always pick faults but it doesnt stop me i always think i can do better next time so get them paints out its so relaxing

BeadsbyLili
14-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Dont worry about the first few... consider them 're-entry' into the craft .
Now go get everything out and just splash the colours around :)

edenworkshops
18-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Yes it does sound like you need to get the paints out again, you want to paint, so paint, don't be judgmental about your work, just look at the difference between light and dark and start expressing yourself.

Richard

Critchley
18-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Go for it. It would be good therapy if nothing else but I am sure it is like riding a bike - you never forget. A bit rusty to start with maybe. Its alright me preaching to you but I am in a similar position, I used to paint years ago and have never had the courage to start again - still got all the kit - paints probably gone off though.
Let us know how you get on.;

Babushka
18-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Does it really matter if it's rubbish? :) Just paint something else then.

You won't know until you do it :) Go on, you know you want to.