PDA

View Full Version : Any luck with DaWanda?

yoguiana
12-05-2008, 12:34 PM
I have been to DaWanda for over 2 months now. I am trying to put always new products in the shop and I think I have quite a variety, not only in products but prices as well.

I also try to participate in the forums and actually I am very happy that for the second time now one of my products features in the logo for the month special theme.

But it's quite funny because, first they never asked me or told me they were going to use one of my products and secondly, there's never a mention about who made them which I think it's quite unfair.

So I am starting to think that there must be something wrong with my shop... What do you think? Any suggestions?

Ana

pixiedoodles
12-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Ive only just joined, so can't help much! :confused:

I have just had a look at your shop and love your things, so I can't see a problem there.

sorry, i can't help more.

littleclouds
12-05-2008, 10:37 PM
I joined about 3 months ago now & have only sold 1 thing like last week, I think the key is to advertise!

I know I haven't really advertised & when your up against people who do & also with tricks like adding stuff day by day instead of all at once (which I'm starting to do!) as it pushes your listings closer to the front & I think editing your listings might do the same thing but yeh like with everything, it doesn't matter how great you are if 80% of your potential customers don't know you exist.

I think also in the beginning with hardly any sales people might be weary, like I'd be more tempted/likely to buy from someone with loads of previous sales than someone who's never sold anything, I'm not sure why!

Your items are lovely, especially your bags, if you keep at it I'm sure it will eventually start rolling in!

yoguiana
13-05-2008, 09:03 AM
Thank you for the replies!
Actually, I already list only one or two products per day... I started a blog and I am part of the Dawanda Shopping Community on Ning. Have you heard about it?
I also started to hand out some cards and I even sent a sample to the DaWanda HQ when they asked for samples for helping promoting the site.
Well, anyway... it seems like you need a lot of patience plus advertising and keep a constant flow of products into your shop.
I'll keep my optismism for now but I wonder when you should throw the towel...

littleclouds: Your cards are really original! Really nice to see something different! :)

littleclouds
24-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Thank you! (about my cards!)

I guess it depends how much you enjoy the crafting really, if your going to carry on making things then you might as well list them on Etsy & Dawanda etc as you've not much to lose!

Have you thought of consigning or selling on Arts & Crafts market stalls?

yoguiana
26-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Thank you! (about my cards!)

I guess it depends how much you enjoy the crafting really, if your going to carry on making things then you might as well list them on Etsy & Dawanda etc as you've not much to lose!

Have you thought of consigning or selling on Arts & Crafts market stalls?

Hi again!

I thought consigning usually grabs a huge part of your profit? And I was reading that for crafts fairs you need insurance?
As you said, I will stay on DaWanda as far as they don't charge or I start selling...
Let's cross fingers and keep the work we love!

lauralou1601
26-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Hi! You can tell Im off work today! Ive been on Dawanda last night and made my shop, woo! Ive now got one card in it! Im trying to take some decent pictures of my other cards and things ive made but its not realy going very well at the moment. Oh well, it should keep me amused for a few hours anyway!

lauraj
26-05-2008, 05:10 PM
whats the diffeirece registering with dawanda as a private or professional seller? does it matter