PDA

View Full Version : Ello Ello

Nu Joolz
06-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Hiya everyone.

Just thought I would post a quick introduction. This site has been recommended to me on another fourm as a source of great insight so i've joined up.

My name is Alison and currently I design and make bridal jewellery and tiaras. I usually sell things at wedding fairs, a local dress shop and a local beautician.

I am now on maternity leave and I have made a decision to use this time to try do something i've sworn i would do for the last year... get myself online.

I did try and fail with ebay last summer, mostly I think because I just cannot seem to get a good picture no matter what I try. :mad::mad:

I hope to be able to have a working completely functunal website by the time i return to my regular work in March 2009. :confused:

Rodeo Lady
06-05-2008, 09:32 PM
(welcome) from me .
I think there could be lots of helpful advice on here for you about all sorts of things RE your web-site and photos. Enjoy....

Cheers Janice

BeadsbyLili
06-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Hello & (welcome) from me too !

Nu Joolz
06-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Thank You.

I'm already manically searching posts. I suspect a new camera is in order.

janetdc
06-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Hi (welcome). You are obviously a talented lady. Enjoy your maternity leave . :mf:

craftyjan
07-05-2008, 08:04 AM
hello and (welcome)to the forum im sure you will get lots of help on here on setting up your website im reasonably new to computors and have learnt loads since being on here can take over your crafting time as its very addictive

woodtattoos
07-05-2008, 11:10 AM
(welcome) and good luck with your plans, I'm sure you will be able to get lots of advice on here if you need help!

Si.

ladyrat
07-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Hello and (welcome). Good luck with your website!

Nu Joolz
09-05-2008, 01:02 AM
Thank you all once again.

wyattbean
09-05-2008, 10:26 AM
(welcome) from me too. i'm sure you'll get any help you need here.

Sue

bynicki
09-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Hi and (welcome). Good luck with it all, baby, business - you are going to be busy!!.

I am realising that ebay is really not a good place to sell handmade stuff. In my experience everyone on ebay wants a bargin. Have you tried etsy? www.etsy.com (http://www.etsy.com) Its cheaper fees and reaches a far wider audience and is just handmade stuff. The only problem is that its massive!.

Have fun setting up your website. There is lots of advice on here for you - thats how I got started!.

Nu Joolz
13-05-2008, 02:16 AM
Thanks once again forthe warm welcome.

I feel things are going ok. website domain is already registered. Colour scheme has been planned out. I am now working on some creative descriptions for each peice and a few pages of information on me/us and what we do. :o It's actually alot harder than I thought.

I really did think that I could set up a basic store and knock together the bones in a few day but in reality the written word is alot less expressive than the spoken word and I just feel it seems 'flat'.

I had a lovely arrangment with the owner of my local bead shop. I would tell him what i needed and he would get it from his supplier. He made a little and I got my bead a a fraction less than 'retail' price with no P&P. The store has sadly been placed into receivership so I am on the hunt for a new supplier :o

Anyone has any recomendations for a suppliers of swarovski crystals and pearls as well as sterling silver and gold/silver plated findings then please tell me if it's allowed.

Beadservice
13-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum (welcome)

Debbie