PDA

View Full Version : I`ve been propositioned!!

creativeclare
25-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Not by a gentleman....my Husband might have something to say about that!

But by a very popular local Wedding Gown designer and maker. Ellie has commisioned some embroidery on a gown bodice which I can't wait to do. It`s a bit scary because I only get one shot at the embroidery. If it goes wrong fabric wasted!

I`m really chuffed because this is exactly the type of stuff I want to do!

Littlegems_cm
25-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Congratulations, that's fantastic! Let's hope it's the beginning of lots more! Can you send us a pic when it's done do you think? Would love to see it. Congrats again!

Cx

Rodeo Lady
25-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Oh fabby !!! Start of more maybe. Well done really chuffed for you.

Cheers Janice

Ifor-Jones
25-04-2008, 11:15 AM
That's really good news - Congratulations.

Snow angel
25-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Congratulations and keep fingers crossed this is the start of many many more

ezzyam
25-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Well done Claire. Thats really brave of you. I would be terrified of making a mistake.
I had a lady once who wanted her ring cushion made from the same fabric as her dress. I carefully set eveything up making sure all was as it should be. When I went to take it off the machine I had managed to stitch the back to the front!!! I hadn't made sure that the fabric was free underneath the hoop!!!. I carefully unstitched it and completed it, sent it off and felt good. I got a phone call from her saying she loved it .......... but I had spelt her name wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Fortunately she was a lovely lady and forgave me, eventually I got it right and she has been back for lots more things since.

Ifor-Jones
25-04-2008, 11:45 AM
What a nightmare! Don't you always find that once something goes wrong then other things do as well. Sure you will be fine Claire, don't listen to these horror stories!!

creativeclare
25-04-2008, 12:07 PM
I`ve been and done quite a few mistakes in the past, thankfully on nothing that could n`t be rectified. I find that if I`m in a rush I make mistakes so I`ll need to go carefully on this project and make sure there is absolutely no distractions. The gown will still be in pieces so if I have to I can go back to Ellie to have a piece re-cut but that would be rather embarrasing!

As Penny said, the trouble is with machine embroidery is either you spend days and days unpicking or you start again!

craftyjan
25-04-2008, 12:17 PM
well done on getting the commission hope you get many more

Seahorse
25-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Well done!Can we see it when its done?

craftdancer
25-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Brilliant news! Many congratulations.

I'm looking forward to seeing a pic of the finished work.

Linda

creativeclare
25-04-2008, 05:05 PM
I`m sure there will be pictures :mf:

Thanks folks!

Clare.

Jigpaws
25-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Congratulations Claire :mf::mf::mf:

I hope it's the start of something very big for you ;) ;)

Well done!!

xxx
Janice

Pauline@weddingtreasures
26-04-2008, 02:05 PM
thats fantastic news Claire.......well done you!!!!

Pauline :D:D:D:first:

Focus on Life
26-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Excellent news and I'm sure you'll rise to the challenge! :)

Best of luck with it and try to maximise the opportunity as much as you can anyway you can, its often all the right words in the right places in the right ears that makes all the difference

Shaz x

SusieQ
26-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Oooooh!!! That's brilliant!!! I too would like to see a pic of it if you can manage it!!!!! This is just the start - your fame will spread and who knows where it will lead!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!:jump:

Kez Star
26-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Wow, that sounds brilliant. It's great when this craft thing goes well and people appreciate your work isn't it! Good for you Claire, and good for the recipient who is getting a unique handcrafted item.

Kez :)

incywincy
26-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Well done Clare - great news!
You must have lots of patience! I end up wanting to throw my embroidery machine out of the window every time I use it! lol :p

Must get it back to the sewing machine shop for a much needed check up! :sm: