PDA

View Full Version : Feeling fed up

Ger
16-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Sorry to moan but I'm fed up with our councils building warrant dept, I'm in the process of trying to set up an old building in the bottom of our garden into a craft shop, we applied for change of use with the planning dept which we got after a few hic ups but never the less we got it. We thought we would get the building warrant to start work within a couple of weeks but after phoning them they have lost the plans and are denying they ever received them:mad: we put another set in on the 28th and heard nothing since so I emailed yesterday to find out if they could give me an idea of timescales because i'm going to loose my uilder and I got a right snot o gram back.

I just feel fed up with the whole thing they go on about how they want to encourage people to start up businesses but it just seems every hurdle is thrown in the path, sorry again for moaning I just wanted to get it off my chest a wee bit:frusty:

janetdc
16-04-2008, 06:55 PM
How frustrating for you. They should be supporting you, not putting obstacles in your way. Don't lose heart, I am sure it will come good in the end.:)

ethel&edna
16-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Oh dude. I'm so sorry. It's such a shame, especially when I look back at the fireworks on your bloggywog.
Can you not make an appointment and see someone in person and stamp your feet a bit.
:mad:

craftyjan
16-04-2008, 07:05 PM
you poor thing how frustrating you have a rant and rave it will do you good and im sure no one will mind

Shipbuilder
16-04-2008, 07:20 PM
I am afraid this is the sort of thing we have to live with in the UK. Sometimes I think that private enterprise (especially in the practical craft world) is regarded as something that must be "stamped out" at all costs. Best thing is to just "plod on regardless" & ignore the possibility of failure.
--------------
When things go wrong, as they often will,
When the road you're trudging looks all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must - but don't you quit.

Life is queer with it's twists and turns,
As everyone of us somtimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up, though the pace seems slow -
You might succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor's cup.
And he learned too late, when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out -
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt -
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when your' hardest hit -
It's when things seem worst, that you mustn't quit!
-----------

Bob

pixiedoodles
16-04-2008, 07:25 PM
:bonik: They need a poke in the eye with a big stick!!!!

Sooooooo annoying!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Focus on Life
16-04-2008, 11:21 PM
Bureauprats!!!!!!!!!! Ggggrrrrrrr :mad:

You could try the opposite tack - being all sweetness and light and friendly and complimentary blah blah blurgh blurgh to the person you next get on the phone - occasionally that just does the trick cos theyre so immunie to people being naffed off and annoyed with them that theyre so shocked when someone's nice, they roll over like a puppy having its belly stroked...

...OK I know, it only works sometimes :)

Lovely poem Bob

Shaz x

nattynetty
17-04-2008, 12:31 AM
Bureauprats!!!!!!!!!! Ggggrrrrrrr :mad:

You could try the opposite tack - being all sweetness and light and friendly and complimentary blah blah blurgh blurgh to the person you next get on the phone - occasionally that just does the trick cos theyre so immunie to people being naffed off and annoyed with them that theyre so shocked when someone's nice, they roll over like a puppy having its belly stroked...

...OK I know, it only works sometimes :)

Completely agree Shaz being nice really does work wonders and if that fails a few tears sometimes does the trick - me I'm not proud :D

Oh Ger I really hope you can cut through the red tape, do you have Business Link or similar up there? Maybe you could get some advice or advocacy from them if you keep getting a brick wall from the Council.

Sprinkles
17-04-2008, 08:36 AM
I hope you can get it sorted out soon.
It sounds like a really fun adventure you are starting out, but beginning to become a really stressful one.

Good Luck.

Karenssunnycreations
17-04-2008, 10:58 AM
Keep going...you will get there...one day you will be posting on here to show everyone your lovely craft set up...the more difficult they are the more determined I would get!

ickle pickle
20-04-2008, 06:21 PM
How frustrating Ger, you'll get there in the end I hope it is sorted out for you soon. The planners are probably all busy with all the new multi storey flats that seem to be popping up everywhere.

wendy
21-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Must be so frustrating for you. Keep at it, don't give up. One day you may be able to look back on this and laugh.

Love the poem, Bob, and the words are so true. When you feel like giving up, you don't know how close you are to success.

Good luck, Ger, hope it helps to know you've got people on your side.:) And I hope it works out in the end.

Wendy